Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Search playlist only (Read 4162 times) previous topic - next topic

Search playlist only

I want the search function to search the playlist only.

The search currently searchers through the folders. So if i delete something from the folder, it deletes in the search, but i still have to go find it in the playlist and delete the entries there.

It never used to be like this.

How is this fixed?

Search playlist only

Reply #1
edit>search or you could use edit>remove dead items

perhaps you were using an autoplaylist previously? these automatically update as folders/files change in your monitored library.

Search playlist only

Reply #2

perhaps you were using an autoplaylist previously? these automatically update as folders/files change in your monitored library.

I dunno, but the search shows up everything in my playlist on my laptop, but not on my desktop.

Search playlist only

Reply #3

To explain it easier. It used to be that using the search function, it would show what's in my playlist (the entries in my playlist). Now it shows what's in the folders I have added to the search thingy. How do i get to to just search my playlist, and not the actual folders the files come from.

Search playlist only

Reply #4
Goodiesguy, Did you try Edit>Search like marc2003 suggested?
Just look at the title of the search screen "Playlist Search"  It searches in the Active Playlist.

Search playlist only

Reply #5
Goodiesguy, Did you try Edit>Search like marc2003 suggested?
Just look at the title of the search screen "Playlist Search"  It searches in the Active Playlist.

Yes, but it moves my whole playlist and highlights what it thinks it matches.

I used to be able to search my playist from the search thing, with the little window only, without the main playlist moving at all.

Search playlist only

Reply #6
Try foo_quicksearch. It can search into the current playlist or all playlists.

Search playlist only

Reply #7
Try foo_quicksearch. It can search into the current playlist or all playlists.

That's no good. I just want to search in the little search box, and it's findings from my playlist show up in that little box. Without it moving my playlist or opening a new tab.

To put it simply, the search function in the library tabs searches my hard drive for results, instead of what's in my playlist. The results show stuff that i haven't got in my playlist. I want to limit this search to just the playlist, like it is on my laptop.

Search playlist only

Reply #8
Edit -> Search, or pressing F3 by default, as mentioned previously, will only search within the playlist which is currently visible, unless you are using some strange playlist viewer which is capable of displaying a playlist without activating it. In which case, Edit -> Search will search whichever playlist the core thinks is active, rather than whatever third party playlist viewer you have is displaying.

Search playlist only

Reply #9
Edit -> Search, or pressing F3 by default, as mentioned previously, will only search within the playlist which is currently visible, unless you are using some strange playlist viewer which is capable of displaying a playlist without activating it. In which case, Edit -> Search will search whichever playlist the core thinks is active, rather than whatever third party playlist viewer you have is displaying.

Yes i know that, but when i search with, it higlights everything in that window, and moves the position that i have my playlist scrolled to.

Search playlist only

Reply #10
So what?

Edit
And how can it be that it doesn't happen on your labtop?