Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 2.1 desktop setup with SMALL satellites? (Read 1897 times) previous topic - next topic

2.1 desktop setup with SMALL satellites?

Hey, I have a free standing desk setup with multiple monitors (that block the desk) so I use poles for satellites. They can't hold any heavy/large speakers (1.5kg+). I know lightness/small size is bad for quality, but I can live with this trade-off. Do you have any recommendations for a 2.1 setup with smaller satellites? I like auto turn-on, standard/non-fixed cabling and possibly a remote to not have to fiddle with on-speaker controls, but I'd be interested in more classical sets as well.

My current considerations
- Klipsch Promedia Heritage - has lightest, nicest looking satellite (0.7kg!) and all the features above. But really pricey (435€ in EU!) and quality is mixed according to reviews.
- Kanto YU2 with a sub - I'd really want to have a sub, so heavy sub-featuring satellites are kinda unneeded
- Audioengine A2+ with a sub - Worried about the wireless stability and longevity

Re: 2.1 desktop setup with SMALL satellites?

Reply #1
I've been using the Audioengine A2+ since 2014 and they're quite awesome. Although, I don't have the sub, but that has been on my radar.