Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: cuesplit.exe Alpha (Read 37691 times) previous topic - next topic

cuesplit.exe Alpha

Reply #25
I would actually recommend ACDIR over CueSplit.

All INDEX 0 entries are ignored in CueSplit - so in EAC terminology gaps are appended to the end of the previous track. If TRACK 1 has an INDEX 0 entry it is discarded by default, but can be appended to the beginning of TRACK 1 if the --p switch is used.

I don't really intend to continue with CueSplit, after discovering ACDIR.  I'm hoping ACDIR will continue to progress, with native support for FLAC and WavPack (etc.), and want to support it as much as possible.
I'm on a horse.

cuesplit.exe Alpha

Reply #26
I would actually recommend ACDIR over CueSplit.

I don't really intend to continue with CueSplit, after discovering ACDIR.  I'm hoping ACDIR will continue to progress, with native support for FLAC and WavPack (etc.), and want to support it as much as possible.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=290488"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well, if your latest version has no bugs, I still prefere your work. Reason: I can use any kind of tags/variables (REM DATE "2004") inside the cuesheet and use these information later. ACDIR has only fixed number of tags/variables.

This is a big  advantage.

cuesplit.exe Alpha

Reply #27
Well, if your latest version has no bugs, I still prefere your work

It's the only version so far.

It has no bugs that I know of - but I haven't tested it much since releasing the alpha here.
Reason: I can use any kind of tags/variables (REM DATE "2004") inside the cuesheet and use these information later. ACDIR has only fixed number of tags/variables.

Yes, the meta data handling is superior in CueSplit.

I'm currently converting CueMake to a .NET console app.  Maybe afterwards I will convert CueSplit to a .NET console app too.  I would be happier with it as a console app.
I'm on a horse.

cuesplit.exe Alpha

Reply #28
I'm personally very keen for ACDIR to progress and become my application of choice. It's a "proper" command line application, and I know nyaochi is planning to build in support for FLAC and maybe WavPack, as well as the existing WAVE and APE support.  It supports piping which CueSplit currently doesn't.

I released ACDIR 0.9 alpha as Synthetic Soul expected  :
Code: [Select]
Version 0.9 alpha

- FLAC/OggFLAC decoding support.
- Embedded cuesheet support for FLAC/OggFLAC. ACDIR reads cuesheet description from CUESHEET vorbis-comment in FLAC/OggFLAC files. ACDIR does not support METADATA_BLOCK_CUESHEET because: it cannot store TITLE and PERFORMER fields; ACDIR will not support CDDB access; I sometimes edit cuesheet (e.g., correct track positions), which will break DISCID calculation; and CDDB information is not always accurate (especially for Japanese songs).

Version 0.8 alpha

- WavPack decoding support. WavPack 4.2 decoder is now incorporated into the ACDIR binary.
- Embedded cuesheet support for WavPack. (embedded cuesheet support for Monkey's Audio is not implemented due to the limitation of MACDLL.dll)

Use it if you prefer command-line interface.

cuesplit.exe Alpha

Reply #29
Well, if your latest version has no bugs, I still prefere your work. Reason: I can use any kind of tags/variables (REM DATE "2004") inside the cuesheet and use these information later. ACDIR has only fixed number of tags/variables.

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=290513"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

All right. Personally, I don't use REM xxx, but I will implement REM support in near future.

cuesplit.exe Alpha

Reply #30
Excellent.  Thanks nyaochi.

I look forward to testing these new additions out.

Support for embedded cuesheets is a great idea.

I don't actually use REM commands in cuesheets either, but I was going to implement them in CueSplit as I know many people do.  I also know there is some confusion over the format to use, which is why I was allowing both quoted and non-quoted values.  With Vietwoojagig's request in mind, it may be worth looking at cuesplit.txt.

I hope your move went well and you are now feeling settled.
I'm on a horse.

cuesplit.exe Alpha

Reply #31
nyaochi,

The little testing I've done so far seems to be going well.

One feature request that has come to mind:  would it be possible to add a switch that would allow you to override the file to be split?

Currently ACDIR receives a cuesheet and splits the file referred to in that cuesheet - which makes sense.  However, I am thinking of using this in my EAC batch scripts.  The cuesheet refers to CDImage.ape, but I want to split <temp>.wav before it is encoded (there's no reason to encode it to APE and then decode it again to split).

Obviously the cuesheet timings will be correct for <temp>.wav, as this will eventually become CDImage.ape.

Perhaps an option like --source "<path to source file>" ?

This would be very much appreciated.  I believe that others would find it useful also.

No rush obviously - just a suggestion for the next version.

Thanks.
I'm on a horse.

cuesplit.exe Alpha

Reply #32
nyaochi,

The little testing I've done so far seems to be going well.

One feature request that has come to mind:  would it be possible to add a switch that would allow you to override the file to be split?

Currently ACDIR receives a cuesheet and splits the file referred to in that cuesheet - which makes sense.  However, I am thinking of using this in my EAC batch scripts.  The cuesheet refers to CDImage.ape, but I want to split <temp>.wav before it is encoded (there's no reason to encode it to APE and then decode it again to split).

Obviously the cuesheet timings will be correct for <temp>.wav, as this will eventually become CDImage.ape.

Perhaps an option like --source "<path to source file>" ?

This would be very much appreciated.  I believe that others would find it useful also.

No rush obviously - just a suggestion for the next version.

Thanks.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I see what you want to do.  But I think this specification is irregular, considering that ACDIR can take multiple targets (cuesheets). Besides, just replacing "CDImage.ape" with <temp>.wav in a cuesheet should solve your problem. This job can be easily done by other text-processing program such as sed. For example, create a temporary cuesheet, temp.cue, by:
sed s/CDImage.ape/CDImage.wav/g < CDImage.cue > temp.cue

and pass it to ACDIR. IMHO, this method is much simpler than hacking ACDIR and easy to follow. If you run a batch file from EAC, adding this line to the batch file should cost nothing. If you don't want to include sed.exe (native Win32 binary is available) into your batch file solution, you can write a very short C program to replace the audio filename in cuesheets. Please let me know if this could not help you.

BTW, I released [a href="http://nyaochi.sakura.ne.jp/xoops/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?cid=1&lid=2]ACDIR 0.10 alpha[/url]:
Version 0.10 alpha
- Native support of Monkey's Audio decoding. Monkey's Audio 3.99 library is now integrated to the ACDIR binary.
- Embedded cuesheet support for Monkey's Audio. ACDIR reads cuesheet description from CUESHEET field of tag information.
- Add new variables, %r{NAME} and %R{NAME} for retrieving REM * field value. If a cuesheet has a line, "REM DATE 2005" , %R{DATE} will be 2005.
- Better command-line documentation.
- Add some batch files
- Re-launch the tutorial web site in English.

I also wrote a tutorial in English:
http://nyaochi.sakura.ne.jp/xoops/modules/...wares/tc_2.html

Cheers.

cuesplit.exe Alpha

Reply #33
I see what you want to do.  But I think this specification is irregular, considering that ACDIR can take multiple targets (cuesheets).

Ah, good point.

Besides, just replacing "CDImage.ape" with <temp>.wav in a cuesheet should solve your problem. This job can be easily done by other text-processing program such as sed. For example, create a temporary cuesheet, temp.cue, by:
sed s/CDImage.ape/CDImage.wav/g < CDImage.cue > temp.cue

Cool.  Thanks for the suggestion.  I've heard of SED before, but have no idea what it does and thought it was just a *NIX thing.  I'll definately take a look.

BTW, I released ACDIR 0.10 alpha:
Version 0.10 alpha
- Native support of Monkey's Audio decoding. Monkey's Audio 3.99 library is now integrated to the ACDIR binary.
- Embedded cuesheet support for Monkey's Audio. ACDIR reads cuesheet description from CUESHEET field of tag information.
- Add new variables, %r{NAME} and %R{NAME} for retrieving REM * field value. If a cuesheet has a line, "REM DATE 2005" , %R{DATE} will be 2005.
- Better command-line documentation.
- Add some batch files
- Re-launch the tutorial web site in English.

I also wrote a tutorial in English:
http://nyaochi.sakura.ne.jp/xoops/modules/...wares/tc_2.html

Superb.  I was hoping that we would get embedded cuesheet support for Monkey's Audio files!

Thanks once again nyaochi.
I'm on a horse.

cuesplit.exe Alpha

Reply #34
Hi, me again

If I use $R{DATE} it will only find the command REM DATE XXXXX... and not REM Date, REM date, or even rem DATE.

I'm kinda fine with the first two - although I don't believe that case-sensitivity is really required in this situation.

However, I do think rem and REM should be interchangeable.

Is there any chance that the next version could be case-insensitive?

NB: I have added ACDIR to the transcoding section of my CD backup guide.  Any feedback appreciated.

Edit: In your guide you mention that you would like to use ACDIR to create AAC/MP4 files, but none support STDIN input.

Case has recently "released" NAAC, which uses the Nero DLLs, and does support STDIN input.  You can download  here.
I'm on a horse.

cuesplit.exe Alpha

Reply #35
Hi Synthetic Soul,

Wow! I wrote a very similar command-line program before, but nobody on HA showed interests   . See:
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=23488
Due to my web space, now it's available only at: http://nyaochi.sakura.ne.jp/xoops/modules/...php?cid=1&lid=2

It seems that people prefer foobar2000 to do this job. I should have written an English manual.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=285195"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

For me, the problem of going from One Huge Wave File to Many Wave Files is when there is no cue sheet available, and it's hard to make one without opening the file into sound forge and manually chopping the file up.

Anyone know an easy way to do this?

cuesplit.exe Alpha

Reply #36
For me, the problem of going from One Huge Wave File to Many Wave Files is when there is no cue sheet available, and it's hard to make one without opening the file into sound forge and manually chopping the file up.

Anyone know an easy way to do this?

Cuesheet Heaven uses freedb information to create cuesheets for a CD.

I've never tested the results against an existing cuesheet - but it's certainly a start.  You could always test using the WAV+CUE in foobar and them make minor amends if required.

Or, if you (still) have the CD, you could get EAC to create just the cuesheet.
I'm on a horse.

cuesplit.exe Alpha

Reply #37
Hi, me again

If I use $R{DATE} it will only find the command REM DATE XXXXX... and not REM Date, REM date, or even rem DATE.

I'm kinda fine with the first two - although I don't believe that case-sensitivity is really required in this situation.

However, I do think rem and REM should be interchangeable.

Is there any chance that the next version could be case-insensitive?

Indeed. Current ACDIR only accepts capital letters, REM, TRACK, AUDIO, ... IIRC these commands should be case-insensitive. And there's no point to distinguish DATE, date, and Date. I agree with you. I'll fix it soon.

Edit: In your guide you mention that you would like to use ACDIR to create AAC/MP4 files, but none support STDIN input.

Case has recently "released" NAAC, which uses the Nero DLLs, and does support STDIN input.  You can download  here.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=295445"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That's great!! I'll check it and include batch files for Nero AAC encoders. Thanks for the info. 

cuesplit.exe Alpha

Reply #38
Nice idea, but Easy CD-DA Extractor has done that for ages with nice GUI. It splits the Cue Sheets and/or encodes them to different formats (MP3, MP4, NERO, Ogg, FLAC etc) or even burns them directly to CD-R. And it is not limited to WAV only, the Cue Sheet can specify MP3, FLAC or other format.

cuesplit.exe Alpha

Reply #39
Indeed. Current ACDIR only accepts capital letters, REM, TRACK, AUDIO, ... IIRC these commands should be case-insensitive. And there's no point to distinguish DATE, date, and Date. I agree with you. I'll fix it soon.

Thanks again nyaochi. 

Actually, I don't know why I'm thanking you as I don't actually use REM commands myself - but I do think it will improve ACDIR's usability, and therefore hopefully its popularity.

Nice idea, but Easy CD-DA Extractor has done that for ages with nice GUI. It splits the Cue Sheets and/or encodes them to different formats (MP3, MP4, NERO, Ogg, FLAC etc) or even burns them directly to CD-R. And it is not limited to WAV only, the Cue Sheet can specify MP3, FLAC or other format.

Thanks for the info.  I may take a look at Easy CD-DA Extractor out of interest.

Foobar will also do all this - but ACDIR is a command line application - which means you can run it from a batch file, etc.  I use Foobar to transcode my APE image files often - but being able to do it from the command line holds many benefits.  "Horses for courses".

FYI: ACDIR is not limited to WAVE, but can use APE, WV and FLAC files.  It will even read embedded cuesheets in these files - which is a really nice touch IMHO.

[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']Edit: explained why I thought the fact that it wasn't a GUI was a good thing[/span]
I'm on a horse.

cuesplit.exe Alpha

Reply #40
Cuesheet Heaven uses freedb information to create cuesheets for a CD.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=295585"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
[/quote]
Thanks! What an invaluable resource!!

cuesplit.exe Alpha

Reply #42
Hi!

On http://www.softpedia.com they have added CueSplit 1.0.
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Au.../CUEsplit.shtml

That is scary.  It's a crappy alpha, that is unlikely to even reach beta status.

I have posted a review, and suggested users use ACDIR instead.

Thanks for the info batagy.

NB: I don't wish to be ungrateful to the person who submitted it to Softpedia - I'm flattered - but I am concerned about dissapointed users, and would rather they bought into an application like ACDIR that really delivers.  Since nyaochi added the meta data parsing (r${NAME} and R${NAME}) in 0.10 ACDIR has all the features of Cuesplit - and many many more.
I'm on a horse.

cuesplit.exe Alpha

Reply #43
I don't know who submitted. Maybe they found it themself.

cuesplit.exe Alpha

Reply #44
I don't know who submitted. Maybe they found it themself.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=296236"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Probably. I have already downloaded some crappy versions released as stable ones from that romanian site and I don't think to visit it anymore. Anyway, it is too slow.

cuesplit.exe Alpha

Reply #45
Curiously I received some emails today telling me Tag and Wapet have been added also.

It's curious as they have been added under the name Synthetic Soul, as was CueSplit.  However, the amendments I made to Tag and Wapet were under my real name, Neil Popham.

That suggests to me that these applications have been harvested from this forum somehow.

Dunno.

I don't mind, although it's a bit tight when Tag and Wapet are actually Case's apps. I'm just curious about the whole thing...
I'm on a horse.

cuesplit.exe Alpha

Reply #46
I've just discovered that EAC v0.95 Beta 1 adds a GENRE, DATE, DISCID and COMMENT REM statement to the cuesheet, e.g.:

REM GENRE Rock
REM DATE 2005
REM DISCID 9309870C
REM COMMENT ExactAudioCopy v0.95b1
PERFORMER "The Bravery"
TITLE "The Bravery"
FILE "CDImage.ape" WAVE
 TRACK 01 AUDIO
   TITLE "An Honest Mistake"
   PERFORMER "The Bravery"
   INDEX 01 00:00:00

So it looks like it will now be even easier to get that info from an image file into tracks, etc.

Coolio.

[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']Edit: expanded cuesheet extract (for improved relevance?)[/span]
I'm on a horse.

cuesplit.exe Alpha

Reply #47
Ah, I've just noticed that EAC doesn't bother quoting values with spaces, e.g.:

REM GENRE Progressive Rock
REM DATE 1995
REM DISCID 8611D80B
PERFORMER "Pink Floyd"
TITLE "Pulse (CD 1)"
FILE "Range.wav" WAVE
 TRACK 01 AUDIO
   TITLE "Shine On You Crazy Diamond"
   PERFORMER "Pink Floyd"

CueSplit will handle this fine, but ACDIR won't - the value returned for R${GENRE} will be "Progressive".

@nyaochi

Seeing as this is EAC, and 98% of cuesheets being processed by ACDIR will be created in this way, is there any chance that you could get ACDIR to process these REM statements as required?

With CueSplit I used the following logic, which I believe accounts for most/all situations:

The line must be:

REM <tag name> <tag value>

If <tag name> contains spaces, e.g.: MY COMMENT, it must be surrounded in quotes, e.g.:

REM "MY COMMENT" <tag value>

... otherwise the first word after REM will be assumed to be <tag name>, and all following text will be assumed to be <tag value>.

After detirmining <tag name>, check whether <tag value> is surrounded by quotes - which some applications/users use  (the linked post was quite useful).  If so, remove them.

A few examples of valid statements:

REM COMMENT Comment
REM COMMENT This is my comment
REM COMMENT "This is my comment"
REM "MY COMMENT" This is my comment
REM "MY COMMENT" "This is my comment"

I don't mean to teach you to suck eggs, or to attempt to dictate to you in any way.  I realise that I am on a very thin line, and am close to moving from supportive to annoying and/or interfering.

However, I believe that the meta data parsing of ACDIR will benefit from implementing such an approach, and am keen to help in any way I can.  I gave this a fair bit of thought when writing CueSplit, and I would like to help by passing on that work.
I'm on a horse.

cuesplit.exe Alpha

Reply #48
Miss me?

OK, another request for ACDIR, for a facility that both WavSplit and CueSplit have.

Would you consider adding a switch which will allow the user to append the TRACK 1 INDEX 0 track, if there is one, to the beginning of track 1?

Both WavSplit and CueSplit achieve this by simply changing the start of the first track from the TRACK 1 INDEX 1 time to 0:00:00 if the switch is present.  If the switch is not present (i.e.: by default) the start of the first track should be the time set for TRACK 1 INDEX 1.

If you want to be a fancy pants it is also possible that you could treat the TRACK 1 INDEX 0 track as a separate track, with the tracknumber "0".  I would actually prefer this, as it is a separate track after all.  The possibility for both would be optimal.

I must admit, at the time of writing, I haven't actually tested to see what ACDIR currently does with these cuesheets.  I will test tonight (10 hrs time).  I would assume it uses the TRACK 1 INDEX 1 time.  Either way, without a switch, it's not going to suit all people.

When I get home I'll try to append a cuesheet snippet to clarify what I mean here.

Edit:

PERFORMER "Lemon Jelly"
TITLE "'64 - '95"
FILE "CDImage.ape" WAVE
 TRACK 01 AUDIO
   TITLE "Intro"
   PERFORMER "Lemon Jelly"
   INDEX 00 00:00:00
   INDEX 01 01:23:18
 TRACK 02 AUDIO
   TITLE "'88 AKA Come Down On Me"
   PERFORMER "Lemon Jelly"
   INDEX 01 01:47:53

So in the above cuesheet track "0" is 00:00:00-01:23:17, and track 1 is 01:23:18-01:47:52.  Or, track 1 is either 01:23:18-01:47:52 or 00:00:00-01:47:52 depending on the switch.

Edit 2: OK, well I have now tested and ACDIR does just leave the TRACK 1 INDEX 0 data out.  I think this is best as the default action, but I would like a switch to be able to access it.

As I say, both WavSplit and CueSplit (both of which I have also tested today - and all three are producing bit-identical results under the same circumstances) have a switch to allow you to prepend this data to track 1.

I think it would be great if ACDIR gave you the opportunity to take three courses of action:
  • Ignore the data (default option)
  • Prepend the data to track 1 (as per WavSplit and CueSplit)
  • Treat the data as a separate track (track number 0)
I'm not sure how you would implement this - either as two new switches (--pregap-prepend and --pregap-track) or as one switch with a value (--pregap [ignore|prepend|track]).  I guess one switch with a value makes most sense, as it can only be set to one or the other - two switches would suggest that both could be used simultaneously.
I'm on a horse.

cuesplit.exe Alpha

Reply #49
Ah, I've just noticed that EAC doesn't bother quoting values with spaces, e.g.:

REM GENRE Progressive Rock
REM DATE 1995
REM DISCID 8611D80B
PERFORMER "Pink Floyd"
TITLE "Pulse (CD 1)"
FILE "Range.wav" WAVE
 TRACK 01 AUDIO
   PERFORMER "Pink Floyd"

As of 0.95b2 (2005-06-01) it appears EAC does now quote values with spaces:

REM GENRE "Progressive Rock"
REM DATE 1995
REM DISCID 8611D80B
REM COMMENT "ExactAudioCopy v0.95b2"
PERFORMER "Pink Floyd"
TITLE "Pulse (CD 1)"
FILE "Range.wav" WAVE
 TRACK 01 AUDIO
   PERFORMER "Pink Floyd"

I would still like to see the improved meta data parsing, but I no longer see it quite so necessary.
I'm on a horse.