Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Album list question (Read 2534 times) previous topic - next topic

Album list question

Hey,

I recently switched from MediaMonkey to foobar and I just love its customizability. However, there are still a few things that could be improved.

I use the Columns UI. To separate classical from regular music, I have two album lists in a tab stack. The regular music is sorted by artist (default sorting script), for the classical music I use this one:

Code: [Select]
$if(%composer%,%composer%,ZZZ)|%album%|[[%discnumber%.]%tracknumber%. ][%track artist% - ]%title%

My regular music tracks never have a composer defined, thus this is an easy way to get all the classical stuff. Everything else is put into 'ZZZ' at the end of the list. It looks like this:

Question is: could I also hide the regular music in the classical tab instead of just putting it into another node? And are there alternative ways to achieve what I did - such as having only one tab and switching between sorting styles with a button?

As for the playlist columns, these don't matter because the only columns I ever use are title, track no. and duration.

Album list question

Reply #1
edit: original post removed. i did suggest an alternative component called library tree but it's not necessary as the OP wants music to appear under one node OR the other which a single album list view can do perfectly fine.

Album list question

Reply #2
Other alternatives are using a single Album list panel and creating 'General/Classical' nodes with something like this:

$if(%composer%,Classical|%composer%,General|%album artist%)|%album%|[[%discnumber%.]%tracknumber%. ][%track artist% - ]%title%

Or using two CUI Filter panels and setting one of them to filter based on the %composer% tag.

By deleting the ZZZ part of your script you can also omit the general music node in your classical view.

Album list question

Reply #3
Thanks for your posts!
marc2003 is right, I want general and classical music in separate lists (or tabs) without a root node. The CUI filter unfortunately does not allow me to expand artists/composers to select certain albums or tracks.

Well, it would have been nice, but I guess it's not the end of the world if there's no way to get rid of the ZZZ entry at the and of my lists.

Album list question

Reply #4
So what's stopping you from using something like this for your classical music:

$if(%composer%,%<composer>%|%album%|[[%discnumber%.]%tracknumber%. ][%track artist% - ]%title%)

and disabling the (All music) root node in the Album List Panel advanced preferences?

You could also use the non-presence of the composer tag to display your other music:

$if($not(%composer%),%album artist%|%album%|[[%discnumber%.]%tracknumber%. ][%track artist% - ]%title%)

Album list question

Reply #5
Thanks, works like a charm! I tried that before and ended up getting the classical on top and all the rest below - guess I misplaced the closing bracket.