Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Rip CD would like track 12 to auto display as "01" instead of "1/13" (Read 1062 times) previous topic - next topic

Rip CD would like track 12 to auto display as "01" instead of "1/13"

Hi,
 In the past I have ripped my favorite CD's to mp3 at a relaxed pace. Now,  I am beginning to rip my entire collection with the goal of clearing out the physical space required to store the CD's, and it is going to take quite a while to make it happen.

The ripping process is going well, and I appreciate FOOBAR 2000's functionality.

There is one thing that could save me some time. I prefer to have my tracks listed with a formatting such as "01, 02, 03... 13", but when FOOBAR uses one of the tagging databases to auto populate the tag fields I end up with a formatting such as "1/13, 2/13, 3/13...  13/13".

I have been revising the number sequence by hand, and that's OK, but if it is possible to get the results I am hoping for automatically then it could save me a little time and fully optimize my conversion process.

Is this possible?

Thank you!

Re: Rip CD would like track 12 to auto display as "01" instead of "1/13"

Reply #1
Select tracks, right click->Properties->"Tools" button->Auto track number. Assuming that tracks have correct %album% tag, you can do this for multiple albums in one go.

Re: Rip CD would like track 12 to auto display as "01" instead of "1/13"

Reply #2
Thank you.

I followed your advice, and when I went to make the changes the listing was already formatted as I have been hoping it would appear.

I should have mentioned that I rip in Foobar2000, then check and edit the Tags with MP3Tag, I did not see the files in a FOOBAR playlist until after working in MP3Tag and then opening the files for playback testing in FOOBAR2000.

In MP3Tag the track number appears in the n/total tracks format, so I had been editing them to appear as integers, but now I realize that I did not have too because FOOBAR displays them as I wish.

Now, I realize I should have asked this question with regards to MP3Tag rather than FOOBAR2000.

Thank you!