Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: OggDropXPd => drag and flop? (Read 7708 times) previous topic - next topic

OggDropXPd => drag and flop?

greetings to all,

my standard encoder right now is OggDropXPd 1.7.11 GT3b2.  works brilliantly and i love it.  but of course, i also love having the latest and greatest, so i downloaded OggDropXPd 1.7.11 libvorbis 1.1.0. 

sadly, the new one just kind of sits there and looks pretty.  when i drag files onto it, not a thing happens - it just sits there.  no spinning fishie, no sparkling ogg files.      nothing crashes, no error reports... simply a program that doesn't seem to recognize that it's been given some input. 

anybody have any thoughts on what's changed between these two versions that would make the new version not want to play nicely?  i'm running WinME on a 1gig Athlon with no special hardware if that helps.

tanx

Reply #2
I've got no problems at all with the 1.1 P3 build...
now that doesn't help much, but it idicates that the app fails only on certain setups...
Nothing but a Heartache - Since I found my Baby ;)

Reply #3
Ihave these same problem.
OggdropXPd v. 1.7.11 using libVorbis v1.1.0, using GT3b2, using aoTuVb2
optimized for P3/AMD ( i have AthlonXP 2000+) doesn't work.
My OS is Win98 SE.
When i checked on friend's comp with Win XP all it's ok.
Generic versions are ok, but there are no generics compilation for Megamix2 or libVorbis v1.1.0.

Reply #4
Same problem as descibed. i have been only only testing on flac files though some work some don't. I have removed and redone tags and still not go.

using: oggdropXPd V.1.7.11 using libVorbis v1.1.0  2004-09-24
from rarewarez p4 only build

ie:

[works]
H:\Audio\Music\Franz Ferdinand\Franz Ferdinand\01 - Jacqueline.flac
FLAC_vendor = reference libFLAC 1.1.0 20030126
bitrate = 874
samplerate = 44100
channels = 2
bitspersample = 16
codec = FLAC
----------
10100076 samples @ 44100Hz
File size: 25 034 348 bytes

[not work]

H:\Audio\Music\Y4K\Uberzone\02-various_artists_-_elite_force_-_driving_me_crazy.flac 
FLAC_vendor = reference libFLAC 1.1.0 20030126
bitrate = 995
samplerate = 44100
channels = 2
bitspersample = 16
codec = FLAC
----------
15226260 samples @ 44100Hz
File size: 42 960 896 bytes

OS Name   Microsoft® Windows® Server 2003, Enterprise Edition
Version   5.2.3790 Service Pack 1, v.1159 Build 3790

Code: [Select]
[OggDropXPd]
Window_X=723
Window_Y=344
Always_on_top=8
Logerr=0
Shownbr=8
Mode=1013
Tagging=8
Quality=500
MinBitrate=0
NomBitrate=128
MaxBitrate=0
CBRBitrate=0
DelInputWav=0
DelInputOgg=0
Title=
Artist=
Album=
EncodedBy=
Separator=
TrackNo=
Year=
Genre=
Volume=0
Limiter=0
Dither=0
DecTagMode=0
DecodeMode=1
WaveFormat=1
ReSampleRate=44100
ReSampleMode=0
ScaleFactor=100.000000
LowPassMode=0
LowPass=0
RenameOnTag=0
RenameFormat=
OutputDirMode=0
OutputDir=
TempDir=
PriorityClass=4
PlaylistOnTag=0
PlaylistFormat=
CopyFLACTag=0
UseFLACTag=0
FLACScaleMode=0
RenameFormatFLAC=
DelReplayGainTags=0

Reply #5
Have you tried the MSVC builds of OggDropXPd?

Reply #6
Yes. Generic MSVC6 SP6 compilations are ok, but where can i find non-ICL7.1 oggdropXPd V.1.7.11 using libVorbis v1.1.0 ?
And another question, is it possible to make AMD-optimised version, Win9x compatibile ??

Reply #7
alright, that could be it... at least, it's as good a suggestion as i've heard.  i don't have problems with anything else made with the icl library though. 

where can i get a generic msvc6 compile of the latest oggdropXPd with 1.1 ?  rarewares is where i generally get everything....

Reply #8
Sorry, guys, I've been away over the weekend. I'll check this out and add generic builds.

Reply #9
OK, I've uploaded a "generic" build of oggdropXPd (libvorbis1.1.0).

For reference purposes, I am developing on:
  • P4 2.8c processor at stock speeds
  • WinXPPro SP2
I know it's no help to anyone with a problem, but all versions run perfectly on my system and I have no other system available for test purposes.

Reply #10

• WinXPPro SP2
I know it's no help to anyone with a problem, but all versions run perfectly on my system and I have no other system available for test purposes.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=244783"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Encoded about 7,000 files over the weekend with the P4 optimized compile. No problems on my home built system (Xp Pro/SP2).
flac > schiit modi > schiit magni > hd650

Reply #11

• WinXPPro SP2
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=244783"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Awesome!  I've been waiting for this.  Thanks, as always.
WARNING:  Changing of advanced parameters might degrade sound quality.  Modify them only if you are expirienced in audio compression!

Reply #12
John33, Would you be willing to compile a copy of the new 1.1.0 release in the test V1.7.12 flavor (the one with the Serial Number options)?  I am interested in doing some more testing on binary mismatch problems that I had before, and see how the new 1.1.0 version fares.  Thanks
WARNING:  Changing of advanced parameters might degrade sound quality.  Modify them only if you are expirienced in audio compression!

Reply #13
John33, Would you be willing to compile a copy of the new 1.1.0 release in the test V1.7.12 flavor (the one with the Serial Number options)?  I am interested in doing some more testing on binary mismatch problems that I had before, and see how the new 1.1.0 version fares.  Thanks
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=244837"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Matt,

The main reason that this hasn't already been released is that I lost the modified source when I had a major catastrophic system crash some time back and I haven't had the time since to concentrate on getting it done (plus one or two other requests). I won't have the same problem again as I now regularly back up to a USB2 hard drive. I will make an effort to try to get something done in the the next week or so.

Reply #14
thank you so much john33... the generic compile works great and is less filling... errr... i mean smaller at the same time  you're a god-like lifesaver.

just as a question of curiosity, what are the advantages of those other compiles that are larger and less compatible?

Reply #15
just as a question of curiosity, what are the advantages of those other compiles that are larger and less compatible?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=244937"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The ICL compiles are produced using processor specific optimisation options available within the compiler and should, therefore, run faster on the target processors. However, the differences aren't that huge as the optimisations are only compiler based rather than code based.

Reply #16
greetings to all,

my standard encoder right now is OggDropXPd 1.7.11 GT3b2.  works brilliantly and i love it.  but of course, i also love having the latest and greatest, so i downloaded OggDropXPd 1.7.11 libvorbis 1.1.0. 

sadly, the new one just kind of sits there and looks pretty.  when i drag files onto it, not a thing happens - it just sits there.  no spinning fishie, no sparkling ogg files.      nothing crashes, no error reports... simply a program that doesn't seem to recognize that it's been given some input. 

anybody have any thoughts on what's changed between these two versions that would make the new version not want to play nicely?  i'm running WinME on a 1gig Athlon with no special hardware if that helps.

tanx
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=244639"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I am having the same problem. I have recently swtich to an Athlon64 processor, OggDropXPd worked fine with my old Pentium, but now it doesn't.

I am trying to convert FLAC. However (like others here) I can convert my old FLAC files that were created with my old Pentium, whereas my newly encoded FLACs don't

I have used all of the compiles from rarewares.com, but none of them work. I can convert FLAC to ogg with foobar. Also, I can transcode ogg to MP3 with lamedropXPd.

my set up details:
Code: [Select]
Operating system information
Platform:    Windows XP
Version:    5.1.2600 Service Pack 2
Version of common control components:    5.82.2900
RAM:    2048 MB
Processor:    AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+ (2211 MHz)
igor782

Reply #17
In the last 5 months, development switched from a P4 to an Athlon64 3000+ Venice, not the rarifed air of a dual core CPU!! XP Pro, SP2 plus all security updates are installed. I just tested against old flac files and a newly flac encoded album and it ran without any issues here.

Does anything happen? Or, does it simply sit as though nothing was 'dropped'?

Reply #18
In the last 5 months, development switched from a P4 to an Athlon64 3000+ Venice, not the rarifed air of a dual core CPU!! XP Pro, SP2 plus all security updates are installed. I just tested against old flac files and a newly flac encoded album and it ran without any issues here.

Does anything happen? Or, does it simply sit as though nothing was 'dropped'?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=354822"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Nothing happens it just sits there. Hope this helps
igor782