Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_youtube (Read 491644 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_youtube

Reply #150
I'm mentally slow.
For me it is File > Preferences >Columns UI > WSH Panel Mod > Configure

Edit:
much better

Reply #151
One thing I did notice is that tracks stop abruptly 4 sec from the end if there is no following track. If there is a following track there is a drop out in the sound 4 sec before the end then the track continues. I am using foo_youtube for media processing (too many interuptions if foobar2000 used) - other settings are at default. Issue with both CUI & DUI.

I think I have found the cause of this. I have been using Dynamic DSP to load the EBU R128 compressor for tracks that lack replay gain ( e.g. http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....st&p=826334 ) so that replay gain is applied on the fly, which is useful for radio streams and YouTube tracks. Unfortunately this combination is causing the sound issues referred to above. Although I had never noticed issues with radio streams, I have just tested some flac files and they stop 4 sec from the end if there is no following track when Dynamic DSP is used to load the EBU R128 compressor. If I don't use the DSPs then the YouTube tracks play correctly.

Reply #152
I had a complete crash of Foobar. Just after click on "Next videos", foobar freezed, mouse blocked and I had to restart Windows (7).
Opening foobar, all configuration was lost. Opening again, everything came back!
It happened on portable foobar.

Reply #153
I had a complete crash of Foobar. Just after click on "Next videos", foobar freezed, mouse blocked and I had to restart Windows (7).
Opening foobar, all configuration was lost. Opening again, everything came back!
It happened on portable foobar.

It doesn't happen to me. What video you last played, when you click ''get next''?
This can be caused by url. Or for some reason foobar can't open that clip, and it stuck..

You can open: 3dydfy://www.youtube.com/ , 3dydfy://youtube.com/ , www.youtube.com/ , youtube.com/ , http://www.youtube.com/ .

Foo_youtube, changes some url's when adding clips, so this can be reason.
When script looks in the url and cant open, it stuck..

*I must make new topic about this, this is not place to  discuss about script..

Edit:
Ok, new topic> all question post here: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....howtopic=105108

Reply #155
Thanks Mire777 for the links.

@3dyd
Today, on about 20 Youtube video I had two errors 500
Unable to open item for playback (3dydfy: Server error (code #500)):
"3dydfy://youtube.com/watch?v=zDJIQCXWZMc"

Reply #156
@mire777
Interesting thing, thanks for info.

@musikomaniak
It is HTTP error 500 and should be temporary. According to wiki need display some more descriptive info so left this as todo-thing.

Reply #157
New version:
foo_youtube_0.0.12.zip

Changes:
- search (integrated with active playlist) as UI component. Read note below
- added CC search filter, to search only videos with subtitles
- formats tip in preferences
- preferences splitted to two tabs. Reset page and Apply are separated for each tab. Tabs added because planned more things in Features tab espetially regarded to search by context menu commands (which will be next). Two radio buttons at top of prefs dialog added because not decided which UI is better and just made both.

Current search UI component uses active playlist for search results. Can be added multiple independent search components at same time. During the search playlist is locked. After search it also adds to playlist 'get more...' item for next portion search. At click on it will be added next portion of search results and playback will be stopped. But if item was started to play not explicitly (for example previous item was played and ended) - it will fill playlist with next portion of search results and continue play. This is not standard way to use playlist items so threat it as an experiment.  This search way is one of possible and any ideas are welcome.

Reply #158
I do not understand what is CC search filter, to search only videos with subtitles Where ?
- formats tip in preferences. I did not find it.
- preferences splitted to two tabs. Not seen also.
Sorry for my stupid questions.
Anyway it works very well.

Reply #159
Formats tip shows when mouse is over 'Formats to ignore', 'Priority of formats' and 'Decode its own' edit boxes.
CC filter useful when using 'Youtube Source' lyric source in foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #160
I found tabs and format tips, I don't have the window HD, CC subtitles filter.
Maybe because I don't use FFmpeg (!?)

Reply #161
New version:
foo_youtube_0.0.12.zip

Changes:
- search (integrated with active playlist) as UI component. Read note below
- added CC search filter, to search only videos with subtitles
- formats tip in preferences
- preferences splitted to two tabs. Reset page and Apply are separated for each tab. Tabs added because planned more things in Features tab espetially regarded to search by context menu commands (which will be next). Two radio buttons at top of prefs dialog added because not decided which UI is better and just made both.

Current search UI component uses active playlist for search results. Can be added multiple independent search components at same time. During the search playlist is locked. After search it also adds to playlist 'get more...' item for next portion search. At click on it will be added next portion of search results and playback will be stopped. But if item was started to play not explicitly (for example previous item was played and ended) - it will fill playlist with next portion of search results and continue play. This is not standard way to use playlist items so threat it as an experiment.  This search way is one of possible and any ideas are welcome.

Works great. Error 403 is gone..
First radio button is better(my opinion), is great that you have tabs in preferences. About 'youtube' lyrics, it also work fine..
I don't use DUI, i test integrated search with playlist in DUI, and works great.. It's pitty that this doesn't work in CUI.

When you work on context menu, if you want, you can add this mine there: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....howtopic=105108 .
Would be great..
I test this metod for days now, and it's perfect to find new artist..

Reply #163
Thanks for the new version. Still no more 403s. Mostly, its working very well but I did notice the following, all using foo_youtube as the media with everything else at default.
1) I still sometimes get interuptions in playback. I don't why as I thought, perhaps incorrectly, that the foo_youtube media setting downloaded the whole file before playing. It would be nice if this could be improved or what setting would you advise?
2) I see a fair number of playback write errors popping up, sometimes near the end of a track, or after seeking, e.g.:
Code: [Select]
Decoding failure at 5:15.954 (3dydfy: Write error):
                   "3dydfy://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYc5tTvBlFE"
3) Youtube Source - Search (Integrated). I added this to DUI and it works. But the row height does not seem to change with font size, e.g. 18 pt font is cut off. I also wondered why it uses the console font rather than perhaps the playlist font or a user choice (e.g. as in lyrics3). It would be nice if the integrated search was available in CUI as well.
4) It may be advantageous to be able to specify the playist name used by the plug-in.
5) I prefer the 1st radio button option.

Reply #164
It's pitty that this doesn't work in CUI.

Huh. I don't use CUI so didn't know that it needs custom implementation for UI elements. I'll add this in next versions, hope there will be no problems.

Hi, how to add playlist?
This doesnt work: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyc7...DF4j-6se8bMmSnE

Looks like you are doing all right but as for me - this playlist has 5 clips and all they was skipped at adding due do different reasons. Check component Log after playlist add (menu View -> Youtube Source -> Log tab), it should contain explanation for every clip why it was skipped. Reason like 'This video is not available in your region.' is obvious - you (as it was is for me) will just not be able to play it. But seems not all reasons are related to playback possibility. Videos with reason 'Syndication of this video was restricted.' are playable for me if add them manually. If somebody will see same reason - check if it is playable. Maybe just need make exception for this reason.

I did notice the following, all using foo_youtube as the media with everything else at default.
1) I still sometimes get interuptions in playback. I don't why as I thought, perhaps incorrectly, that the foo_youtube media setting downloaded the whole file before playing. It would be nice if this could be improved or what setting would you advise?

About foo_youtube downloader. It does not download whole file before play. It just downloads media to temporary file and when some data needs to decode and play - it reads data from this temp file. So difference with foobar downloader is that foobar downloads only data which need to play right now when foo_youtube just downloads a file to temp folder and when some piece of data need to play - it reads data from this temp file. At seeking forward it starts download from new pos (if yet not downloaded to this pos). At seeking backward it uses already downloaded data. So downloading and providing data to decoder are separated and independent things in this downloading method e.g. if you will pause playback then decoding will be stopped but downloading still continue. Regarding to Youtube (i.e. playling media file, not media stream like Internet radio) each method has own pros and cons.

About interruptions. Most info you probably know but I mention it for clean answer.
For any clip Youtube has many media files with different qualities. List of last played media files shows in History. Youtube provides video files. I.e. component downloads video file and plays audio from it. Audio quality on Youtube always correlates with the video - higher video quality comes with higher audio quality (read more). Best audio quality for now is 192kbps which is available for 720p videos. Let's see on example. By default, for this video, will be used 720p MP4, which is 122.66MB (btw video duration is only 5:34). This media file will be used because it has best audio quality (192kbps). Because of such big size you may have interruptions - file may just not download so fast to be able to play in realtime. But about a year ago Youtube made little big incredible revolution. It started to provide files with video and audio streams separately. Audio-only (AO) streams previously was available in different qualities but for now they are available only in 128kbps. They are wrapped (for now) by MP4 and (optionally) WebM file formats with single audio stream. In case of MP4 this is DASH format (audio stream there uses AAC codec) and in case of WebM this is Vorbis. Foobar in current version can't play MP4 files which use DASH format and there are also problems with WebM playback (interruptions mentioned in this thread before) so both those AO formats are disabled by default using 'Formats to ignore' edit box in component preferences (m4a and ogg there). Look at image below - this is History screnshot for clip mentioned above (at moment when this post was made). When media file containing best audio has 122.66MB size, AO files have only ~5MB size. They are 128kbps but this looks not so bad if compare file sizes. For now best advice - you need configure component to use FFmpeg to decode media. Download latest 32-bit shared build from Zeranoe and setup 'Path to FFmpeg' setting in component preferences (btw FFmpeg version with which component was tested mentioned in component About info, any other should work but if you got crash - better try version mentioned there). After this clear 'Formats to ignore' edit box and add to 'Decode its own' all Youtube formats. To see file size for each media file (as in screenshot below) you need to setup 'Playback Start' slider to medium position, this decreases playback start time, so I don't recommend to do this except for testing reasons.

2) I see a fair number of playback write errors popping up, sometimes near the end of a track, or after seeking, e.g.:
Code: [Select]
Decoding failure at 5:15.954 (3dydfy: Write error):
                   "3dydfy://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYc5tTvBlFE"

It's a pity. So for now I can suggest as best settings for any case - foobar as downloader and FFmpeg for decoding. Foobar's downloader uses most resources in case of downloading media files but at least it works in all cases.

3) Youtube Source - Search (Integrated). I added this to DUI and it works. But the row height does not seem to change with font size, e.g. 18 pt font is cut off. I also wondered why it uses the console font rather than perhaps the playlist font or a user choice (e.g. as in lyrics3).

Yep, wrong font and fixed controls size are just bugs, need to fix. DUI has 6 predefined fonts (list available in Preferences -> Default User Interface -> Fonts), probably need to use Default font from there.

4) It may be advantageous to be able to specify the playist name used by the plug-in.

If this is about where to put results of search from 'Youtube Source - Search (Integrated)' UI element, then as for me - this kind of search should not touch playlists list. If you want to have new playlist with search results - better to make new playlist manually, activate it and start search.

Reply #165
Hi, how to add playlist?
This doesnt work: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyc7...DF4j-6se8bMmSnE

Looks like you are doing all right but as for me - this playlist has 5 clips and all they was skipped at adding due do different reasons. Check component Log after playlist add (menu View -> Youtube Source -> Log tab), it should contain explanation for every clip why it was skipped. Reason like 'This video is not available in your region.' is obvious - you (as it was is for me) will just not be able to play it. But seems not all reasons are related to playback possibility. Videos with reason 'Syndication of this video was restricted.' are playable for me if add them manually. If somebody will see same reason - check if it is playable. Maybe just need make exception for this reason.

All videos are playable manually, except these two:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1en8wb4jkk...DF4j-6se8bMmSnE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUXJz0RtpRA...DF4j-6se8bMmSnE

Log for these two:

ERROR:  The uploader has not made this video available in your country. Sorry about that.

When add all playlist, this is Log:

07:58:05, #39, Page analysis, www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyc7d2FcLq38mo_0X5DF4j-6se8bMmSnE
07:58:06, #39,    Opening given Youtube URL...
07:58:06, #39,    Ready
07:58:06, #40, Retrieving feed, www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyc7d2FcLq38mo_0X5DF4j-6se8bMmSnE
07:58:06, #40,    Opening given Youtube URL...
07:58:06, #40,    SKIPPED: title: Emblem3 - Chloe (You're the One I Want), url: youtube.com/watch?v=Igk3MD7hltU, reason: restricted (Syndication of this video was restricted.)
07:58:06, #40,    SKIPPED: title: Serena Ryder - What I Wouldn't Do (Lyric), url: youtube.com/watch?v=D1en8wb4jkk, reason: restricted (This video is not available in your region.)
07:58:06, #40,    SKIPPED: title: Kelly Clarkson - People Like Us, url: youtube.com/watch?v=yWbMz_aBlMU, reason: restricted (Syndication of this video was restricted.)
07:58:06, #40,    SKIPPED: title: 24 Hours In The Life, Pt. 1 (VEVO LIFT): Brought To You B..., url: youtube.com/watch?v=fqqIBQRFCMc, reason: restricted (Syndication of this video was restricted.)
07:58:06, #40,    SKIPPED: title: Duke Dumont - Need U (100%) ft. A*M*E, url: youtube.com/watch?v=BUXJz0RtpRA, reason: restricted (This video is not available in your region.)
07:58:06, #40,    Ready

Reply #166
All videos are playable manually, except these two:

I.e. 3 videos playable and 2 are not. With non-playable videos there is nothing can be done because of region limitation, you will can't play them in browser too. Other 3 videos have syndication restriction as skipping reason, I'll add exception for this reason in next ver.

Reply #167
Thanks for the plug in.
With the newest version, all formats permitted and ffmpeg enabled I have no problem at all  playing back single files and you-tube playlists. Not a single error code.

Reply #168
@3dyd – thanks for your detailed response (posts164, 165). With foobar2000 as the media and ffmpeg enabled, everything is now error free. If foo_youtube downloader is used instead of foobar2000 there are still some playback write errors, so I have stopped using that method. One minor thing I did notice is that some entries in preference page are cut off on my pc, i.e. “Formats to” instead of “Formats to ignore:” plus “Decode its” instead of “Decode its own:”. I guess it’s because I have windows set to use fonts of 125% size and this isn’t being taken into account. All your hard work is much appreciated.

Reply #169
Thanks for this great plugin! Just small request: can you make it so that the cursor is in the search field when the dialog opens? I've defined a keyboard shortcut to it, but I always have to tab twice to get to the search field.

Reply #170
@WilB
Yep, you are right, it's because of 125% font size, I'll fix this. Thanks for notifying of such details.

@ArchCarrier
Sure, will be in next ver.

Reply #171
New version:
foo_youtube_0.0.13.zip

Changes:
- Search (Integrated), History and Log elements for CUI
- appearance bugfixes

Reply #172
Wow, you're fast! Thanks!

Two more additions would make it even faster for keyboard fans like me:
- press 'down arrow' to jump from the search field to the results list
- press 'enter' to add the song to a playlist (using the default action) and (optionally?) close the search dialog

Reply #173
New version:
foo_youtube_0.0.13.zip

Changes:
- Search (Integrated), History and Log elements for CUI
- appearance bugfixes

Thanks for CUI integration.
There are some problems:

History doesn't keep black background even i have selected this in: splitter settings.
Scrollbar disappears in some cases and then shows again:

image ru

In ''search (integrated)'', window is cut when resize window:

posted image

I also have crash, after remove: history,search (integrated), or log, from panel.

Anyway, 'search integrated' works well in playlist..

Reply #174
- press 'down arrow' to jump from the search field to the results list

Down arrow in combo boxes (which search field is) has its own default action - it adds to edit box next item from drop-down list. So to switch to next control (results list) need press Tab. But there are probably better idea: it will switch to results list automatically after press Enter in search field.

- press 'enter' to add the song to a playlist (using the default action) and (optionally?) close the search dialog

Emitting default search list action by Enter definitely need to do. Strange that I missed this, currently on Enter reacts only 'get more...' item.

@mire777
Can't reproduce anything. You can send me portable foobar configured to see all issues. Also about Search cut - where is the cut on your image?