Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_youtube (Read 491982 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_youtube

Reply #1251

Reply #1252
This had to be fixed on component side. Fixed in 3.6.1 beta3.

@Rytis Jonas
Component handles only video playback which acts like a visualization for the audio being played by foobar2000. I.e. file must be playable by foobar2000. It has mp4 support out-of-the-box. For other formats you need additional components e.g. foo_input_ffmpeg

No matter what I try I'm unable to play MKV or AVI files on Foobar2000    :(

Has ANYONE EVER succeeded to watch any MKV or AVI file on Foobar2000 ??

Maybe it's just not possible AT ALL and I shouldn't even be trying that ?

Reply #1253
Anyone els happen to have huge YT video problems since last night?
I think like 50%+ of 1000+ songs can no longer be found all the sudden, here is short list of a few exampels, I tested a few out and they work manually.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Reply #1254
I would really like to see two functions: a custom delay to compensate for dsp processing and the ability to connect the dmitrirender handler.

Reply #1255
@Wolfbane
This might be solved in 3.6.1. You can also configure youtube-dl to not to depend entirely on internal Youtube support in the component.

a custom delay to compensate for dsp processing
Isn't this possible via some other DSP? It does not seem appropriate to provide this on decoder basis.

the ability to connect the dmitrirender handler.
Noted, but do not expect this in near future.

Reply #1256
@Wolfbane
This might be solved in 3.6.1. You can also configure youtube-dl to not to depend entirely on internal Youtube support in the component.

I must have missed this feature. Can you toss me a URL or let me know where I find the info on to set this up ?

Reply #1257
Hi there!
it is possible to create your own configuration file for youtube-dl and place it here: "C:\Users\<user name>\youtube-dl.conf"
from the description of the component: https://github.com/ytdl-org/youtube-dl#configuration
In the new version of Youtube Source it is convenient to see the result of applying the configuration file to youtube-dl at the fb2k console window.

Reply #1259
Oki, so the new version 3.6.1 has the option to download the videos. Awesome sweet...

.... downloaded "youtube-dl.exe" used it ... 1hour+ later... Can't get it to work.
(Windows 10, Foobar 1.5.4, YouTube 3.6.1,)
https://prnt.sc/sri65i

Do not want to be rude, but is it possible to get a none programmer instructions on how to install things?
And dont get me wrong, I really love and think the plugins you guys spend time on are fucking amazing, and I could not do the things you do, so I really appreciate it.
But the instructions on how to install or get things working are really bad, at least for me, not sure if its because I don't work with programming or issue closely related to these, but its frustrating.

Reply #1260
I would go back to the original issue you have reported:
Anyone els happen to have huge YT video problems since last night?
I think like 50%+ of 1000+ songs can no longer be found all the sudden, here is short list of a few exampels, I tested a few out and they work manually.
I tried some of the shared links (by the way - good stuff thanks for sharing :) ):
I can watch all of them with my standard foo_youtube setup. Therefore I would first check if they work now as well for you with your update to latest version of foo_youtube (which I would highly expect...)

I my understanding the hint from 3dyd on using youtube-dl within foo_youtube would be a possibility to surpass the whole internal foo_youtube processing, which could be an alternative way to get access to your links - but if they work now with standard setup you would not need that anymore. I am not using this alternative, and I guess it is not really straight-forward.

Downloading youtube videos is another story. Here I use youtube-dl within foobar, but outside of foo_youtube.
It is as well not really straight-forward, but if you are interested I can try to walk you through that.

Reply #1261
I would go back to the original issue you have reported:
I tried some of the shared links (by the way - good stuff thanks for sharing :) ):
I can watch all of them with my standard foo_youtube setup. Therefore I would first check if they work now as well for you with your update to latest version of foo_youtube (which I would highly expect...)

I my understanding the hint from 3dyd on using youtube-dl within foo_youtube would be a possibility to surpass the whole internal foo_youtube processing, which could be an alternative way to get access to your links - but if they work now with standard setup you would not need that anymore. I am not using this alternative, and I guess it is not really straight-forward.

Downloading youtube videos is another story. Here I use youtube-dl within foobar, but outside of foo_youtube.
It is as well not really straight-forward, but if you are interested I can try to walk you through that.

Glad that you enjoyed the music links, I personally love finding new awesome music.

Yes, the majority of all my songs work now with "3.6.1". (a few thousand not gone through them all, but looks to be back to normal)
But Yes, I still want to get "youtube-dl with foobar" to work, because sometimes songs are removed from YouTube, and then its nice to have them already stored on your computer.

I might also have a few vidoes songs, I did own videos for, but with copywrite shit them songs/videos are no longer on YT, so might get them back into my playlist again. (Not a priority...)

Reply #1262
if I understand correctly your issue based on screenshot (which youtube-dl Source is set to none), you need to right-click on youtube-dl from Maintenance tab on Youtube Source preference, you will see the option.

Reply #1263
if I understand correctly your issue based on screenshot (which youtube-dl Source is set to none), you need to right-click on youtube-dl from Maintenance tab on Youtube Source preference, you will see the option.

It looks like FooBar does not find any YT downloader...    Is it Found?... Nope.
Or I missing some information that you can see that I cant? am I looking in the wrong place ?
https://prnt.sc/ss7iv1

But hey as I said, help/instructions to get it to work was what I was looking for.

Reply #1264
Right-click on the youtube-dl line in 'Third-party Binaries' should give the possibility to select 'External', then in my case windows explorer is opening, which allows to navigate to your youtube-dl.exe to set the path.

Reply #1265
Right-click on the youtube-dl line in 'Third-party Binaries' should give the possibility to select 'External', then in my case windows explorer is opening, which allows to navigate to your youtube-dl.exe to set the path.

Awesome, done. What is next step in the setup to get it to download the files and save them on my computer?

Reply #1266
What is next step in the setup to get it to download the files and save them on my computer?
As already mentioned, downloading is done outside foo_youtube (therefore it does not have much to do with youtube-dl now being found in foo_youtube). Hope I find some time the next days to post a short step-by-step tutorial how to download with youtube-dl out of foobar (probably next weekend).

Reply #1267
As already mentioned, downloading is done outside foo_youtube (therefore it does not have much to do with youtube-dl now being found in foo_youtube). Hope I find some time the next days to post a short step-by-step tutorial how to download with youtube-dl out of foobar (probably next weekend).

Oki, Great, looking forward to it.

Reply #1268
Hi,
I'm new to foobar and I'm looking at options for managing music.youtube with it.
Adding their links to foo_youtube seems to kinda work. It loads playlist but then skips most of records because they are not actually available on main yt website.
I've already found out I can provide my own cookie for authentication so I "think" I just need to find a way to tell it to query music.youtube instead of main website.
I had a look with search but wasn't able to find anything useful. Anyone knows if this is possible / has any pointers?

Reply #1269
Is it possible to make, when using the cover as a background, covers of not only video but also audio files?

Reply #1270

Oki, Great, looking forward to it.
See here

Reply #1271
Hi @MojoBass
I'm assuming this was for me?
Sadly didn't work, got exactly same errors.

On the flip side turns out pop-up errors are a bit misleading, I've found" View > Console" and it's showing full correct errors and it was complaining about lack of subscription.
I've added auth from https://fy.3dyd.com/help/youtube_authentication/
Everything works fine now, I can play music.youtube in foobar.

Reply #1273
I tried to add a "playlist", I did work with other playlist like 1-2 weeks ago. But I cant get this playlist to work.

I tried "Add location" "Add multiple URL's" and "Load channel or playlist" and none worked for me.
So Im assuming there is a difference between this URL and the others I I used, what do I need to change in this URL To make it import the entire playlist to foobar/YT playlist ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR8HgdmVDwQ&list=PLhIzey5JOsYGtAVfgh69jRzPwbZ1o_jdD