Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Unrecoverable playback error (Read 1305 times) previous topic - next topic

Unrecoverable playback error

All of a sudden I am getting this error (80070001) everytime I try to play anything. Any way to resolve this? What is that error anyway?

Reply #1
Unfortunately you do provide no information other than the error message, Sunfist... How should someone help you to narrow the problem down?

Perhaps reading this helps you to solve the issue.
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

Reply #2
Please follow the rules of the Support subforum.
4. Describe your problem exactly.
Write in detail what specifically you were trying to do, what you had expected and what happened instead. […]

5. Post other helpful information.
That means usually at least your operating system (Windows) version, a list of all your components […] contents of the foobar2000 console (can be shown from main menu > View > Console) and any other relevant information, like used music file types for decoding/tagging problems, describe your user interface layout for UI problems, etc.
Particularly relevant to problems with output are the output method configured in the Preferences, which hardware you are using, what formats of audio, bit-depth, sampling rate, and so on.

Reply #3
Please follow the rules of the Support subforum.
4. Describe your problem exactly.
Write in detail what specifically you were trying to do, what you had expected and what happened instead. […]

5. Post other helpful information.
That means usually at least your operating system (Windows) version, a list of all your components […] contents of the foobar2000 console (can be shown from main menu > View > Console) and any other relevant information, like used music file types for decoding/tagging problems, describe your user interface layout for UI problems, etc.
Particularly relevant to problems with output are the output method configured in the Preferences, which hardware you are using, what formats of audio, bit-depth, sampling rate, and so on.

Really, well I rebooted my computer and it works fine now. I would think you would know what your own error codes mean but I guess not.

Reply #4
Excuse me? ‘My’ error codes? Notwithstanding the fact that none of us owe you anything, I am not a developer, and therefore, I am not privy to highly technical information such as that. Thanks for trying to distract attention from the fact that your post paid no attention to the rules, though. Feel free to continue withholding information that might help others to diagnose your problem, if that’s how you like it.