Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: MP4 Tagging And Playing (Read 3247 times) previous topic - next topic

MP4 Tagging And Playing

In another thread (guide to AAC for Ipod) - someone stated - get your MP4 files ready!!!

For those of us who have Psytel and Ivan & Memno, what software program can we use to play our MP4 files? (besides the Ipod). Winamp 2 has a plug for AAC, but what about MP4? Also, without specificity to the IPOD, is there a software application that allows for easy tagging of these files??

MP4 Tagging And Playing

Reply #1
Both Winamp 2 and 3 has plugins for MP4, but neither has support for tags nor unicode text. Foobar2000 on the other hand has a very good MP4 plugin with support for both tags and unicode characters. Highly recommended...

MP4 Tagging And Playing

Reply #2
Foobar 2000? I did not see it on Rarewares. Search advice?

MP4 Tagging And Playing

Reply #3
Foobar 2000? I did not see it on Rarewares. Search advice?

http://foobar2000.hydrogenaudio.org ... B)

Notice the address? You should take a closer look at the different sections on this forum...

MP4 Tagging And Playing

Reply #4
Gulity of laziness. 

MP4 Tagging And Playing

Reply #5
I obtained the MP4 plug for foobar and extracted it from the zip folder into my Foobar directory (the same with the Foobar executable). Foobar still will not open my Psytel encoded MP4 file (nor will quicktime).

Any ideas on what I have not done correctly?

Also, when I made the MP4, it said I dropped a lot of bytes.

MP4 Tagging And Playing

Reply #6
Any ideas on what I have not done correctly?

"Gulity of laziness"?
ZZee ya, Hans-Jürgen
BLUEZZ BASTARDZZ - "That lil' ol' ZZ Top cover band from Hamburg..."
INDIGO ROCKS - "Down home rockin' blues. Tasty as strudel."

MP4 Tagging And Playing

Reply #7
Also, when I made the MP4, it said I dropped a lot of bytes.

Read some of the threads in this forum?