Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Corrupt CD text (Read 3164 times) previous topic - next topic

Corrupt CD text

Hi guys,

A relative newbie to this sort of stuff so please bear with me.

I have burned a number of MP3s onto a data DVD for transferal to my car. All tags appear correct on the PC before burning.

When the disc is read in the car, it is reading the track name correctly, but some of the Artist name and Album name tags are showing as square characters on SOME of the tracks. Others appear OK ?

Like this :-

□□□□□□□□□□□ (Artist)
□□□□□□□□□□□ (Album)

Any ideas ?

Corrupt CD text

Reply #1
Those are ID3 tags, not CD-Text. Check which type (v1 or v2) and encoding (ANSI, UTF-8, and so on) of tags you are sending to the device. It probably supports only a limited set of configurations. Use MP3tag or something as an easy way to check this.

More to the point, you might have considered telling us how those files were tagged in the first place. If the program you are using to create them allows its tags to be customised, as it should, you would be able to instruct it to write them in a way that would be compatible with your external hardware. And, again, you might have told us which hardware that is. We need actual details about the problem to be able to provide anything other than guesswork.

Corrupt CD text

Reply #2
Hi guys,

A relative newbie to this sort of stuff so please bear with me.

None the less, I have solved the issue thanks to assistance elsewhere.

For the benefit of others, I had too many characters in the Album tag. When I reduced the size of the album tag it worked perfectly.

Thank you.