Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Error in audiofile converted by exhale (Read 1339 times) previous topic - next topic

Error in audiofile converted by exhale

Hello!

After lurking on this forum for many years I decided to make an account, but I don't know if this is the right topic to post it in.

There is one song "Yung Lean - AF1S" that has audio glitches at the start of the song after its converted by exhale. The source file I used was 24/44.

Here are the samples:

https://mega.nz/folder/UrZDmIqL#VO3aOpkEcF4LdeMM9YqNeg

Maybe there is a way for the devloper to fix it? If there's more info needed regarding the audio files I'd be glad to provide them!

Re: Error in audiofile converted by exhale

Reply #1
Hi and welcome!

I can confirm that something strange is going on in the second channel of that audio segment when encoding and decoding with exhale preset 9. Can you confirm that this does not occur with presets 5 and lower? That would narrow the problem down quite a bit.

Thanks very much for reporting and for sharing the files!

Chris
If I don't reply to your reply, it means I agree with you.

Reply #2
Hello!

Sorry for the delay in my response.

On presets 5 and lower the artifacts aren't present in the files (at least not to my ears). I have uploaded the files so you can have a look too :)

The numbers at the end of the filename correspond with the encoder preset. For the 0 preset I used the fb2k inbuilt Retroarch resampler with the highest quality setting.

https://mega.nz/folder/IipkwZoC#L1caUoEML9eVBZGYpaP9yA

Cheers :)

Reply #3
Dammit, I forgot to commit a one-line change to file exhaleEnc.cpp when doing a cleanup for the last release. Please try again with the latest commit e796ab6a. That also includes a correction of the calculation of the maximum instantaneous bit-rate field written to the MPEG-4 file header.

Since the max. bit-rate change has no effect on the encoded audio and the effect of the exhaleEnc.cpp change is veery small and only occurs when using preset 6 or above (or preset g), I'll tag this as a temporary 1.2.0.1 release on the weekend, assuming no other issues pop up until then.

Thanks again, DutchMZFK, for finding and reporting this issue! Much appreciated!

Chris
If I don't reply to your reply, it means I agree with you.