Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: ABX Program for Linux (Read 4403 times) previous topic - next topic

ABX Program for Linux

I am in the process of writing a simple but powerful ABX and ABC/HR program for Linux (or any *nix with GTK2). It uses a slightly unusual GTK2 based interface. This version is very early and fairly rough, but it works. I would appreciate it if anybody would grab it, compile it and see if it works on their system.

Current features:
  • Supports any format supported by libsndfile
  • Does automatic resampling to help compare files with different rates (with libsamplerate Secret Rabbit Code)
  • Has a simple easy to use interface
  • Supports ABX testing
  • Uses OSS for sound
Future features will include:
  • ABC/HR tests
  • Volume Normalisation and time matching
  • Support for MP3, Vorbis and FLAC
  • Any improvements people suggest
You can download version 0.1 Here. I would appreciate it if you didn't share this link outside HA, our bandwidth is quite limited.

ABX Program for Linux

Reply #2
Hi.

It seems that samplerate.h is missing (I downloaded the 0.1.1 file).

Code: [Select]

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -DPACKAGE_DATA_DIR=\""/usr/local/share"\"      -DPACKAGE_LOCALE_DIR=\""/usr/local/share/locale"\"      -DXTHREADS -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include   -Wall    -g -O2 -c audioprocess.c
audioprocess.c:22:24: samplerate.h: No such file or directory
audioprocess.c: In function `resample':
audioprocess.c:33: error: `SRC_DATA' undeclared (first use in this function)
audioprocess.c:33: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once

Maybe a missing library in my system ?
I'm on gentoo, gcc 3.4.2.

ABX Program for Linux

Reply #3
Did you run ./configure? If so it should have told you that it needs libsamplerate. On the other hand the configure script might be broken and not be checking this properly. If you just ran make, it just indicates that you need libsamplerate. I would be very suprised if you can't just emerge it on Gentoo.

Thanks for taking the time to try it.

ABX Program for Linux

Reply #4
Libsamplerate was missing.
I juste emerged it.
make distclean
./configure

Compiled !

I will test it more this evening. (I'm at work, using ssh and vnc  )

ABX Program for Linux

Reply #5
Ok

Supports ABX testing

Nothing more to say about it. It's working.

Supports any format supported by libsndfile

I just tested wav files. No problem.

Does automatic resampling to help compare files with different rates (with libsamplerate Secret Rabbit Code)

I can't hear any pop or click while switching from A, B or X.
But the cpu and memory usage go crazy after a resampling operation. From 20Mo (without resampling) it goes to 205 Mo.

Has a simple easy to use interface

Simple and easy, but I find disturbing the open button on top of folder zone. At first I thought of a strange action button for the folders. ;-)

If you add a folder bookmark on the reference tab, it will not be updated on the test tab.

Maybe there are more specific things you want people to test.

Continue with the good work !

ABX Program for Linux

Reply #6
I have made some changes to ABoX and released version 0.2. You can get it here:
http://www.rarewares.org/cabbagerat/abox-0.2.tar.bz2
or
http://users.smuts.uct.ac.za/~mbrooker/abox-0.2.tar.bz2

Changes since 0.1.1
  • Support for MP3 files (using libmad)
  • Fixed major memory leak
  • Added 'practice' and 'test' modes
  • Several bugfixes
Abox still uses twice as much memory as it should. I will fix this when I merge the normalization code. Still coming are FLAC and Vorbis support, Volume Normalization and some other stuff.

I hope somebody finds this useful. If you find bugs, want a feature or just want to flame me about my code please reply below.