Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Wrap AC3 and DTS files (48khz) into WAV (Read 5806 times) previous topic - next topic

Wrap AC3 and DTS files (48khz) into WAV

Hello,

is it somehow possible to wrap 48khz bitstreams of AC3 and DTS files into 48khz .wav files (without reencoding) for direct playback through SPDIF without the need to enable passthrough in a dedicated AC3/DTS encoder?

Thanks

Wrap AC3 and DTS files (48khz) into WAV

Reply #1
Hello,

is it somehow possible to wrap 48khz bitstreams of AC3 and DTS files into 48khz .wav files (without reencoding) for direct playback through SPDIF without the need to enable passthrough in a dedicated AC3/DTS encoder?

Thanks

I know it has been 2 1/2 years since your post. And I cannot say I bring you the answer.
Just to say that it is possible to do it. I have done it in the past and have now all my DTS files wrapped in WAV format.
Since then I forgot how I did it and I am resuming my quest to find the tool I used so I can wrap some new DTS file I got.
If you read this post and you found the answer since 2009, please do reply and share it.