Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta (Read 67511 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #101
Two small bugs:
1) When an invalid file is added no prompt is given.
2) When a song is paused the seekbar indicator oscillates.

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #102
I transcoded some files into Vorbis to play in my iPaq. There were 4 transcoding sessions open (i.e. those progress bar dialog boxes) as I was transcoding from 4 different albums to 4 different directories (1 dir per album).

With older foobar (0.9.2) it worked. With latest foobar, none of the transcoded file can play in my iPaq.

Of course I found this out in my way to office, and since I have no foobar here on my office PC I can't test. I can't even say that it's foobar's fault. Can someone else check this out too?

Cannot replicate here, transcoding from LAME mp3s. (4 CDs, 4 dirs, 4 transcoding sessions running simultaneously). The ogg files play fine.

Encoder: BS; Lancer(SSE2) [20060616] (based on aoTuV b4b [20051117])
Parameters: -Q -q7.000000 -p4 - -o %d
I've done extensive experimentation (will post a bit later), and all 0.9.3 transcodes to Ogg cannot play with GSPlayer. They play well with foobar2000 and WinAmp. Further testing with OggTesterW reveals: Error OV_HOLE at 0:00 or something similar. This does not happen with 0.9.2. All 0.9.2 transcoded file is flagged OK by OggTesterW.

The errors don't show if I trim the MP3 to 180 seconds or less. Didn't try with longer MP3's. The error affects both transcoding from a .cue-equipped MP3 track and singular MP3 tracks.

FYI, I use Lancer 20060616 oggenc, for both 0.9.2 and 0.9.3beta at -q -0.5.

Currently the only way I can transcode to Ogg is to first transcode into FLAC then using OggDrop or oggenc (both worked) I transcode into Ogg. Waaaay to much work. So I just revert to 0.9.2 for the time being.

Edit: The above happens with or without multi-transcoding session, i.e. transcoding a single track while letting myself idle also produced the same error.

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #103
The Ogg problem is harmless and will be fixed in the next release (including fixing of "bad" files on retag). Those files are fully decodable back, only software misinterpreting libvorbis return values will refuse to play them because of falsely reported recoverable corruption.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #104
Ahhh  good to hear that Peter. I really like the non-blocking library scan and the new File Info box.

Okay then, I'll look forward the next release with bated breath...

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #105
just noticed beta 2 has been released

edit: i can confirm that the information lookup on the 'Rip Audio CD' screen now works using the new v0.5.2 of foo_freedb2 and v0.9.3 beta 2

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #106
The new General Properties tab is very nice, and the tag field editing is much more intuitive.
we was young an' full of beans

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #107
- with 0.9.2 it was possible to build playlists without the full path to the music files, like this: ..\Music\Artist\Filename, very handy when moving the whole stuff to another partition.
0.9.3 needs the full path with the drive letter. This represents imho a big regress...
- the seekbar jumps after pause and restart of short songs...

the new properties dialogue is much more practical than the old one.

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #108
new version would be sweet if the old playcount plugin worked

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #110
Trying the new beta 2 and can't find where to write ID3v2.3 instead of ID3v2.4, it worked in 0.9.2.
If not a bug, please consider to add it again, not all players, software/hardware supports ID3v2.4

Thanks.
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #111
The new properties-dialog is quite fine (normaly use foo_infobox).
I would like to be able to mark the filename and copy & paste it, quite useful one some tracks, where scripts won't help.

BTW I don't like the new thread-layout

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #112
I think Ive found a Bug in 0.9.3. Beta 3. If u do a right Click on a Value in the properties Dialog and select "Edit" it isnt the same like hitting F2...

Furthermore: Could you PLS improve the Masstagger? Personally i miss a Preview like in the "Move, Copy, Rename" Dialog

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #113
Huh. Good to have foo_infobox, cause i dont like the new properties Dialog. What ever... Ive found a Bug in 0.9.3. Beta 3. If u do a right Click on a Value in the properties Dialog and select "Edit" it isnt the same like hitting F2...

Furthermore: Could you PLS improve the Masstagger? Personally i miss a Preview like in the "Move, Copy, Rename" Dialog.

You mean beta 2 I assume as beta 3 hasnt been released yet.

Nice to see you thank the developers for their continued support of a brilliant program. I personally can't stand it when you see a post where the user has just moaned about what he hasnt got and forgets that with that type of attitude we'd be wallowing in WMP or Winamp shite. Good thing you're not like that.
My Name is Sean and I'm here to leech off your genius.

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #114
As u can see ive altered my previous Post. Seems i wasnt fast enough
I can live with the new Properties and say thanks to every Developer of Foobar, cause i love this Software...
BUT: Why should i say "Big thanks to this w-o-n-d-e-rfull Feature" if i liked the old one? Im not a liar...

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #115
Trying the new beta 2 and can't find where to write ID3v2.3 instead of ID3v2.4, it worked in 0.9.2.
If not a bug, please consider to add it again, not all players, software/hardware supports ID3v2.4

Thanks.

I'm quite sure writing ID3v2.3 isn't possible anymore since 0.9.0 and won't be made possible anymore either. The ID3v2.4 'standard' is already a couple of years old. You should complain at software/hardware vendors for not supporting ID3v2.4 instead.

I think Ive found a Bug in 0.9.3. Beta 3. If u do a right Click on a Value in the properties Dialog and select "Edit" it isnt the same like hitting F2...

Please file proper bug reports in the Support forum. Doing this in one big thread makes it impossible for the dev's to keep track of things.

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #116
The position of the property window is always in the top/left corner so it is not very useful for editing tags. Is there a way to save the position or always center the window ?

Thanks

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #117
Thanks to developers. This player is the B_E_S_T!!!
But in new betas i found bug in covertor's menu sorting. In the options window, converter - the sorting by kbps is right (64 goes before 256). But when we click "Convert to..." on some track, in the window where we choose the converting preset - the sorting by kpbs is wrong! (64 goes after 256)
you can see these screenshots

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #118
Would it be possible to have a separate keyboard shortcut to open "General Properties" as opposed to "Meta data"? 
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #119
DruiD_ff,

It seems the options window sorts by its own columns (in this case, encoder then average bitrate), whereas the preset window sorts by the overall name of the preset (in the format Name, Avg. Bitrate, Settings). This sorting of the strings character by character results in the behaviour you have mentioned (6 comes after 2 numerically, as I'm sure you're aware , and in any sane character set).

So, it's not a bug; it's inherent to the differing designs of the two dialogs.

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #120
I'm sure you're aware

yes, i am
But this thing slightly irritate my. And i'm think it's not harmfull to fix. Just add a 0 before 6 when building menu.

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #121
[foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta 2]
I got one file which has 'unsupported or corrupted format', with which applying ReplayGain is not possible - still ok, it's not about the file.
In Advanced-Options I have enabled ReplayGain-SilentMode.
When applying ReplayGain with this error-file, the ReplayGain-Scan-Results appear.
Even though it's still good IMHO as you can easily see which files caused the errors, I don't know if this is intended - just want to mention this cognition 
Great work btw *thumb up*

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #122
Vorbis tagging playing file problem seems to be fixed in 0.9.3beta3. I've just noticed the "auto track number" function in properties dialog can group track by album impressive. Foobar's just getting better and better.
Thanks to all the ppl who work on foobar.

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #123
does the play counter plugin work with 0.9.3 b3?

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #124
This may be an annoying request for a few reasons...but....
Can there be an option to have ReplayGain apply when a file is added to the playlist?  Or, maybe something similar can be done or even a nice little plugin to apply it automatically.  Yes, likely this would be for Single Track Only, but if people manually apply the Album one, that would take precedence (if the option is specified as is done now).  Even better, am I just missing this requested feature?