Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Looking for a component that displays the next song after the one playing (Read 1829 times) previous topic - next topic

Looking for a component that displays the next song after the one playing

Hi,

the obvious use case is a big auto-playlist with shuffle tracks playback mode enabled. I like to listen to my entire music collection on shuffle track sometimes but there are some songs which I'd like to avoid nevertheless in certain social settings. ;) Now I don't want to create a >40,000 item playlist and randomize it or exclude the “anti-social” music by hand. But instead maybe have a titleformat field like %next_song% or even an autoplaylist with the next x files that are going to be played.

I wonder if fb2k is even able to provide this information to a component. The rnd is generated at startup so it would be theoretically possible for the component to compute the next song by itself if fb2k has no function to query the next song available to third party components. That is if components can query the rnd.

Such a component if possible at all should have a skip x tracks feature and should be able to show not only the immediate next song but n-th nexts.

I've searched the forum briefly but I couldn't find anything, so my hopes are down. Anyway if someone knows of a way to achieve this goal that would be nice. Or maybe it's possible to randomize an autoplaylist and I'm just unaware of how to do it? Then I'd have a second "All Music" autoplaylist which randomizes with each startup and use that instead shuffle tracks with my ordered All Music autoplaylist...

Re: Looking for a component that displays the next song after the one playing

Reply #1
Not really possible, needs to be implemented by the core, or by a component which has access to closed SDK features. (Play queue and next track determination are handled by a private service now.)