Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Request]Playlist to file (Read 3966 times) previous topic - next topic

[Request]Playlist to file

Hi there!

I'm developing a BlackBerry application (currently Storm Series) that can remote control foobar2000 and some other players.
It would be quite cool to get the playlist of it.
What I need is a small foobar2000 plugin that writes the playlist to a file. Nothing more
Is someone out there, that can do it for me?

I would trade for a notice in the special thanks, on the webpage and a free copy of that app!
Would be great!

Reply #1
So you just want a component to write out the currently active list into a text file?

Reply #2
Yep, that's it! Nothing more!
Would be damn great if you can do that for me!

Reply #4
Hacked in a hour or more. Uses title formatting, though did not make it configurable...

http://mudlord.xtemu.com/files/foo_playlistexport.dll

Wow that was fast!
You're the BEST =)

That was exaktly what I need, the only problem is, that the generated playlist is read by another application that sends it to the BlackBerry Smartphone.
Can I acces the menu where you placed the export button through a window handler call?
If not, can you hack that it writes it every 10 seconds or so? I know this it not the best way, but it is your valuable time!
If it is not very complex perhaps you can write the playlist every time the playlist changes? Otherwise the 10 second thing is good too

Another thing: I'm not sure whether you can programatically place files in the application folder in Windows Vista / Seven without UAC.
Perhaps Application Data in the user folder is better!

Reply #5
You could just use a Winamp emulator and send it IPC_WRITEPLAYLIST.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

Reply #6
Thank you for that hint! Very good to know with the IPC_WRITEPLAYLIST!

Altough I think foo_winamp_spam.dll is overkill for my problem.
I would prefer mudlords dll, but if he does not have the time to extend it, I'll take your solution

Reply #7
Another thing: I'm not sure whether you can programatically place files in the application folder in Windows Vista / Seven without UAC.
Perhaps Application Data in the user folder is better!

If I was to do this, I would rather make the location configurable.......Its certainly feasible

I personally though, do not see Yirkha's suggestion as overkill: It perfectly fits your needs. I don't feel the need to reinvent the wheel...
I have to wonder why you would go about this method though. What exactly is your goals?