Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to transcode FLAC to MP3 (lame) with Foobar? (Read 6637 times) previous topic - next topic

How to transcode FLAC to MP3 (lame) with Foobar?

Whats the proper method to get the best result?  I want the conversion to be simple and have the mp3s have the tags from the flac files.  I have be so used to using EAC to convert to mp3 from cd.  This is the first I have used foobar for transcoding.

Thanks
-Mike

Reply #1
After searching a discovery I have found this.
1.  Decode into .wav format.
2.  Encode in mp3 with lame.
3.  Use masstagger to load the tag information from filename.

Number 2 is the step I still can't figure out.  I am not sure how to configure this.  I'll keep on trying but help is needed.

Thanks
-mike

Reply #2
Well,i never encoded from flac to mp3,but i did to mpc,So procedure myst be same..Load all flacs to foobar,select them all&right click on it,click on diskwriter and choose your settings like folders,encoder..etc...in your case choose Lame and select the command option you like...and this should be it.
Be sure that Lame.exe is in Foobar folder

Reply #3
Select the files in foobar, right click on them, go to convert -> settings.  Choose where your lame.exe is, the command line, etc. Then right click on the files again, choose convert -> run conversion -> CLI encoder. That's all there is too it.

Reply #4
What version are you using.  I am using v0.8.  I am not seeing "CLI encoder" in the dialog window on the left (rightclicked, convert, settings).

Where can I download a older version.  I liked it more.

Reply #5
I'm using .8 special

Reply #6
me to, I check and I need to download a component.  foo_clien

Reply #7
works fine now.  Problem solved.  Thanks.