Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC + aoTuV (Read 3744 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC + aoTuV

Hi all.
I've tried to rip a CD using EAC and then encode the ripped track using aoTuV b4.
However, i could only make the rip, the encoder always fails (a dos box is opened for a split second and disappear, leaving me only with the ripped .wav).
I've tried all sort of encoders using aoTuV b4 at Quality 6, but never got it to work (I've used the encoder and oggenc from the official site and also oggenc2.6 from rarewares).
I basically used This guide, but without any success.
Can any one please explain how do i make this thing work?
Thanks in advance, Adam.

PS. i guess it was explained before, but i could not find it.

EAC + aoTuV

Reply #1
Are you using the command line:

-a "%a" -t "%t" -l "%g" -d "%y" -N "%n" -G "%m" %s

... as specified?

At the bottom of the External Compression tab where you specified this command line try cheking "Check for external programs return code" and see what the response is.

Also, check whether the disc you are testing has a Year in the main dialogue's tagging.  I have a feeling I've seen this one before where a blank date was causing the problem.

If you get something useful looking from the error dialogue please provide the exact message returned.

Thanks.
I'm on a horse.

EAC + aoTuV

Reply #2
Are you using the command line:

-a "%a" -t "%t" -l "%g" -d "%y" -N "%n" -G "%m" %s

... as specified?

At the bottom of the External Compression tab where you specified this command line try cheking "Check for external programs return code" and see what the response is.

Also, check whether the disc you are testing has a Year in the main dialogue's tagging.  I have a feeling I've seen this one before where a blank date was causing the problem.

If you get something useful looking from the error dialogue please provide the exact message returned.

Thanks.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=330364"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for the reply, Synthetic Soul.
I've tried it again with the original Oggenc by aoyoume and suddenly it works...
This one can be closed.