Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4587955 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI

Reply #5075
... and you can also specify no-cover and stream radio images if you like.

Alessandro

This is not limited to foo_uie_albumart...
Does the artwork view panel too:

Displays the radio image, an audio cd image (for cd playback) and the no cover image set under preferences --> advanced.

Columns UI

Reply #5077
Is there a way via hotkey/command-line to change the panel configuration (ie switch presets)?  Basically I want to have a mini-view hotkey.

Columns UI

Reply #5078
You can assign one under Keyboard Shortcuts in Preferences. It's under [Main] - View - Layout.
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

Columns UI

Reply #5079
Where is the FCS Export button?

Now, please don't clobber me if this is a really naf nOOb question....

I'm looking for a way to export the columns UI settings. As I understand it, I need an FCS file. I want to move to foobar 0.9.6.3 beta 1 from 0.9.6.2. Or send my settings to somebody else.

I go to preferences / display / Columns UI / Main tab. Here I clearly see an import button (which I have made use of) for FCS, but no export.
I also see FCL import / export buttons - both work fine. But I can't find an FCS EXPORT button.

What am I missing? Where is that button? btw both versions I mentioned show the same behaviour. Columns UI is 0.3.6.4
Or more generally: how do I export the FCS file?

Oh yes, and the same thing happens under wine or XP in VMware fusion (I'm on OS X)

Thanks for shedding any light shed on this
foobar2000 v0.9.6.2, columns UI 0.3.6.4, OS X 10.5.6, wine 1.0.1

Columns UI

Reply #5080
You don't need to export to the obsolete FCS.
Just export as FCL.

Columns UI

Reply #5081
I don't know what the question is, but there should be no need to use such things with the built-in viewer. You can use relative paths, so you can enter "folder" or "..\folder" or whatever and there should be no problem.
Hi MusicMusic, relative path with "..\filename" does not work - image is not shown in NG Playlist. I currently use "$directory_path($directory_path(%path%))\filename" as a workaround.

Columns UI

Reply #5082
You are right, my bad. It's fixed for the next version, thanks for the report.

Columns UI

Reply #5083
You don't need to export to the obsolete FCS.
Just export as FCL.

Tedgo, OK, good to know. But, it doesn't seem that way....

I seems, from what I observe, that FCLs just handle different things. So the actual column layout is not contained in the FCL, but only the overall interface parameters. Or, when I imported the older FCL, I got an error because my current interface did not contain the Artwork panel (which it did not). So the panels used are seemingly not imported through the FCL, so I would need the FCS? Please correct me if I observed wrongly here!

Now I not sure if musicmusic's reply "You are right, my bad." applied to my post of the one just before....

Columns UI

Reply #5084
I seems, from what I observe, that FCLs just handle different things. So the actual column layout is not contained in the FCL, but only the overall interface parameters. Or, when I imported the older FCL, I got an error because my current interface did not contain the Artwork panel (which it did not). So the panels used are seemingly not imported through the FCL, so I would need the FCS? Please correct me if I observed wrongly here!

If you select "Export..." under the FCL section, you'll notice that you have the option of exporting both the Main Layout (the interface) and the Columns Playlist Script. In your case, the error means you don't have the artwork panel component installed, not that you don't currently have it in your present interface. If you had all the requisite panel components, it would've been possible to load both the interface layout and the column setup, or either. Neither the FCS nor the FCL attaches the dependent components. If you don't care about the layout, just export the columns playlist script to FCL.

That said, it would be nice if Columns UI still allowed you to import parts of the FCL (namely, the columns playlist script) even if the dependencies for the main layout are missing, instead of just giving that "component missing" error.

Columns UI

Reply #5085
In your case, the error means you don't have the artwork panel component installed, not that you don't currently have it in your present interface. If you had all the requisite panel components, it would've been possible to load both the interface layout and the column setup, or either. Neither the FCS nor the FCL attaches the dependent components. If you don't care about the layout, just export the columns playlist script to FCL.

Got it! Thanks for that. My confusion was that I mixed up the foo_uie_albumart.dll component and the "Artwork View" that's built into columns UI. I had removed the component and I guess then it complains. Actually even saving the FCL wasn't possible anymore because the orphaned entry was still in the splitter.

Well, maybe if the "component missing" error were a bit more explicit as to what is missing that might be some help.

One thing I notice as absolute beginner, and please take this in the kindest way, that the terminology used is a bit confusing or even overwhelming. Partially I am sure because columns UI is (luckily) evolving. For example, it took me a long time to figure out that "NG playlist" has anything to do with columns UI. It's a simple statement like "NG playlist is the new version of the playlist panel in columns UI" that I could not find in the basic documentation/wiki/faq. Sure, I found it eventually hidden away in some thread here, not until after some head spinning. And btw, what does NG stand for anyhow  New Generation???

Columns UI

Reply #5086
Now I not sure if musicmusic's reply "You are right, my bad." applied to my post of the one just before....
Well it should be obvious, but it is something you will have to work out for yourself.

That said, it would be nice if Columns UI still allowed you to import parts of the FCL (namely, the columns playlist script) even if the dependencies for the main layout are missing, instead of just giving that "component missing" error.
You are right, but I can't change it in a nice way for current/old .fcl files.

Well, maybe if the "component missing" error were a bit more explicit as to what is missing that might be some help.
Well, when importing it tells you that the panel is not installed and gives you the exact name. ("album art panel" is different from "artwork view" in any case). The idea was to provide links as well, but I probably decided to build as much functionality into Columns UI directly instead. Nonetheless, take error messages at face value in the first instance.

For example, it took me a long time to figure out that "NG playlist" has anything to do with columns UI. It's a simple statement like "NG playlist is the new version of the playlist panel in columns UI" that I could not find in the basic documentation/wiki/faq.
You are right, but keeping the wiki completely up-to-date can be quite time-consuming.

Columns UI

Reply #5087
Using %length% when sorting for example, the sort result by filter panel differ from sort result by column header.

It seem that filter panel doesn't use 'natural number sorting' yet, Am I correct?
Are you sure you haven't just set a custom sort script in the playlist view?

Columns UI

Reply #5088
Sorry if I confused you, what I meant was the sort result of items sent to playlist. Not the items in Filter panel itself.

Did the "Uses natural number sorting" work in "Sort incoming files" in Filter panel preference? It doesn't seem to be that way as of now.

Columns UI

Reply #5089
Ah, you are right, I will fix for the next version, thanks for the report

Columns UI

Reply #5090
You are right, but keeping the wiki completely up-to-date can be quite time-consuming.

Thanks for the reply. I can accept that. As well as the general preference for spending development time rather than on other tasks. There might be a reduction in support time as a positive knock on from docu....

Anyhow, is participation in wiki/docu writing something that is desired? For example as and when I actually do find a solution to whatever problem, I might be able to write that answer into the wiki. It'd be easier to find than in this rather unwieldy thread....

Columns UI

Reply #5091
when I try to import *.fcl file all my previous layout presets disappear 
how do I perform import, keeping all my previous layouts?

Columns UI

Reply #5092
export them to a file.
fb2k on OSX: flac q8 > rockboxed Sansa e280v1: Vorbis q5.0

Columns UI

Reply #5093
Anyhow, is participation in wiki/docu writing something that is desired?
Of course you can. (The worst that could happen is that I edit something I don't like )

Columns UI

Reply #5095
Hi All
I use foobar since 2 or 3 years and I upgrade last week to last version. I only want to show album art so I try to DL the third part component Columns UI but everytime I get this message :

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /wiki/columns_ui:columns_ui on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.10 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.10 OpenSSL/0.9.8b mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at yuo.be Port 80

Could somebody tell me what I am missing  ?
Thank you.

Columns UI

Reply #5096
It's working here.

What is the first three parts of your IP address? The block may have been blocked by me due to some abuse.

Columns UI

Reply #5097
How do I show album art in ngplaylist without having it take the path and use it in the title? I'm not a stranger to programming but fairly new to foobar.  The only decent docs I found just explained title syntax.

Columns UI

Reply #5098
grouping isn't the place for artwork, but for displaying playlist view items in groups according the scheme for ex.:

$if2(%album artist%,<no artist>)[ / %album%

for choosing which picture to be shown you should use artwork tab instead

Columns UI

Reply #5099
I figured so but I also have $replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)front.jpg under the artwork tab for front cover. That shows the artwork perfect in the artwork viewer but still shows the default cover in the playlist.