Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: HDMI audio extractor and DTS encoder (Read 1409 times) previous topic - next topic

HDMI audio extractor and DTS encoder

Hi all,

Currently I have an SACD-capable Blu-ray player which can output the DSD output as LPCM over HDMI for both stereo and multichannel. It also has an coax digital output, and is capable of converting LPCM 5.1 to AC3 to send that over the digital output. However, it only does so only for DVD-A and Blu-ray, but refuses to do so for SACD. See attached manual excerpt

X

However, I'd like to use this SACD player with surround equipment which accepts toslink or coax digital input, no HDMI. I've been looking at HDMI audio extractors, but the sale ads are never quite clear on whether the device has an 'encode´ ability, from LPCM to DTS or AC3. They say those devices are able to output surround over toslink/coax, but I presume this is only if the source is already DTS or AC3, not LPCM.

So, my question is: does anyone know about a reasonably priced device that can extract HDMI LPCM and convert it to preferably DTS, or else AC3?
Music: sounds arranged such that they construct feelings.