Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WavPack x64 Help (Read 8593 times) previous topic - next topic

WavPack x64 Help

Hi, I've been trying to figure out how to get my WavPack files to play in a 64bit Direct Show player.  Has anyone been able to to this?

When I went to Windows 7 I went to 64bit since it seemed like a good time to do it.  I use Windows Media Center for my wife and daughter's music because it has a nice easy interface and we also use it to DVR TV.  The W7MC on 64bit Windows 7 is a 64bit version.  There isn't a 32bit version available.  Windows 7 64bit, does have both 32 and 64bit versions of Windows Media Player.

When I install the Directshow Filter from CoreCodec.org on the WavPack website it enables playback of .wv files in the 32bit Windows Media Player but not the 64.  The 64bit players don't recognize the file and the 64bit GraphStudio can't open it.  I don't see a 64bit version of the Directshow filter on the CoreCodec.org website.  And I haven't been able to find any other one anywhere else either.

FFDShow Tryouts has a 64bit WavPack decoder, but there is no splitter.  So by itself it doesn't help much.  I think I read the Matroska can handle WavPack?  But maybe the splitter can only split it out of MKV/MKA files, not WV files?  Installing Haali didn't help me at all.

I see a thread in this forum asking for x64 support back in Feb 2009.  Two years later, there is still nothing?

I'll see if I can petition CoreCodec.org for a 64bit version.  I encourage others to do the same.

Anyone else have any other ideas?

Thanks.

WavPack x64 Help

Reply #1
maybe this works

WavPack x64 Help

Reply #2
maybe this works

Thanks.  I had Shark007 x64 pack installed when I started.  It doesn't work either.  It does work for the 32bit version, however, it's not using CoreCodec.org's filter and decoder.  It's using one from DSP-Worx called DC-Bass Source Filter.  I've been to their website and also no 64bit version...

WavPack x64 Help

Reply #3
Sorry you're having trouble with this. I will also try to contact the developer that created the DirectShow filter and see if a 64-bit version can just be compiled from the original sources or whether it's a big deal (WavPack itself compiles to 64-bit fine).

Unfortunately, two areas that I have little to no direct experience in are DirectShow filters and 64-bit OSes!