Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Rename default tabs ?. (Read 3018 times) previous topic - next topic

Rename default tabs ?.

How do I rename the default "Album List" and "Selection Properties" tabs ?.

I would like to rename "Album List" to "Music Library" to be consistent with the playlist "Library Viewer Selection" which I have renamed to "Music Library".

The "Selection Properties" tab I would like to rename to "properties" by being shorter it doesn't steal the focus from the "Album List"

Also, is there any way of highlighting the tab of the active playlist ?.

I use standard components.
More stars in the universe than grains of beach sand

Rename default tabs ?.

Reply #1
From the main menu, go to "View", then "Layout", then click "Enable layout editing mode". Now you can right-click the tabs and choose "Rename".

Rename default tabs ?.

Reply #2
From the main menu, go to "View", then "Layout", then click "Enable layout editing mode". Now you can right-click the tabs and choose "Rename".

many thanks.

any idea on how to highlight the tab of the active playlist ?.

Rename default tabs ?.

Reply #3
the tabs are just standard windows controls so there are no options for customising. but the active tab should be clear to see anyway. this will depend on your theme though.

Rename default tabs ?.

Reply #4
but the active tab should be clear to see anyway

err, nope.
with several playlists, navigate to a playlist other than the active one, the active playlist is not obvious in any way, a mental note has to be made as to which playlist the "now playing" track is in, bit of a bother that.

Rename default tabs ?.

Reply #5
in that case i think you're using the wrong term. whatever playlist you navigate to is the active one. i guess what you want to see is the playing playlist? that isn't possible.

Rename default tabs ?.

Reply #6
but the active tab should be clear to see anyway

err, nope.
with several playlists, navigate to a playlist other than the active one, the active playlist is not obvious in any way, a mental note has to be made as to which playlist the "now playing" track is in, bit of a bother that.

If you right click on the bottom of foobar and select 'now playing: ...' it will switch to the active playlist, maybe you could bind this to a key, i haven't tried. . I've tried renaming the Library (selection) playlist before i'm pretty sure it just created another one so i was back to where i started. It'd be nice if those playlists could at least be pinned in the tab order because i might switch to another playlist only to have them all get re-arranged.

Rename default tabs ?.

Reply #7
i guess what you want to see is the playing playlist? that isn't possible.

yes that's what I meant, thanks for clarifying that.

It's a shame that the Tab of the Playing Playlist can't stay highlighted when browsing other playlists or the library.

Rename default tabs ?.

Reply #8
If you right click on the bottom of foobar and select 'now playing: ...'

you might find double clicking the status bar is easier.

this doesn't really help with the problem but i'll suggest it anyway.... if you have the space to add another playlist element, you could try EsPlaylist. that has an option to lock on to the playing playlist. it does nothing with tabs though so i would not place it inside them as it might be confusing.

my usual disclaimer:

it might be a bit confusing the first time you add it because groups are collapsed and it looks like a library browser. to make it look like a normal playlist, right click>options>view style>flat view (fixed)

download: http://foo2k.chottu.net/#esp