Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Xchange by Br3tt (Read 137203 times) previous topic - next topic

Xchange by Br3tt

Reply #1
Hey Brett, thanks for this awesome config, and for all the hard work put in.This is my favorite one you've made, and
i hope everybody enjoys this config!

Xchange by Br3tt

Reply #2
looks great & im eager to try, thank you.

1 quick question, iv currently got your Curacao config installed with a few personal mods added.
will i be able to simple export it as a fcl file to save the config with these mods or will i need to back up other files aswell.

thanks for your time

Xchange by Br3tt

Reply #3
looks great & im eager to try, thank you.

1 quick question, iv currently got your Curacao config installed with a few personal mods added.
will i be able to simple export it as a fcl file to save the config with these mods or will i need to back up other files aswell.

thanks for your time

Jack, it would be a smart idea to back up your components that you have currently working with your Curacao config, and export your Curacao fcl file. This will make sure you could always revert in case anything goes wrong obviously.

Xchange by Br3tt

Reply #4
you need to backup your other CUI configs before as .fcl files, if not, you'll loose all of them !

i'll add this important note on the post, ty.

Xchange by Br3tt

Reply #5
no, thank you for clarifying, both of you

just thought id double check before i go ahead as iv spent far to many sleepless nights figuring out these bits n bobs iv done haha!

thanks again, much appreciated. will be trying shortly

Xchange by Br3tt

Reply #6
Thanks for this great new config. Xchange doesn't seem to be using foo_exvar. Would it be possible to use it? That way everybody could just define their own paths, etc. That was something I loved about Kameleon.

Xchange by Br3tt

Reply #7
Thanks for Your hard work! Config is awesome
..You named this config: Xchange. My favourite song that named: 2Pac - Fair XChange  (feat. Jazze Pha)
Thank You so much, best work I ever seen

Xchange by Br3tt

Reply #8
Thanks for this great new config. Xchange doesn't seem to be using foo_exvar. Would it be possible to use it? That way everybody could just define their own paths, etc. That was something I loved about Kameleon.

yes, you can use foo_exvar as done in kameleon, i haven't notice it because i found easier the way to modify path directly in the PSS settings or ELP settings (because it allows to use titleformatting, a thing that foo_exvar do not permit )

so, just create new extended variable as in Kameleon, but named : br3tt_coverart_path, br3tt_coverart_filename, br3tt_artistart_path & br3tt_artistart_filename

enjoy!

Xchange by Br3tt

Reply #9
Thanks for the quick answer Br3tt

Xchange by Br3tt

Reply #10
Thanks!! The config looks great!

1 quick question:

can I go to foobar preference?

Xchange by Br3tt

Reply #11
Falstaff,  why you did not include navigate-letters?

thanks for amazing work, again and again

Xchange by Br3tt

Reply #12
And also, where is the scrollbar for ELPlaylist? - Edited: Thanks Sounds Blast for answering this question
Navigate-letter is something I'm so used to, why is it missing?
Buttons to google artist and album images are also useful
Hope you can add these in future release

And is there any way to make artist image background only fit to ELPlaylist? The other panels are mostly not transparent,
so my artist image is only showed in half

Xchange by Br3tt

Reply #13
And also, where is the scrollbar for ELPlaylist?
Navigate-letter is something I'm so used to, why is it missing?

Right click ELPlaylist, and go to settings-then style tab, then near the bottom left you'll see scrollbar, then chose, show. This will of course show the scroll bar.

Xchange by Br3tt

Reply #14
Br3tt another little problem. I noticed that you got rid of the 'Stop' button. The problem with this is that if I use the WASAPI plugin foobar goes into exclusive mode and hogs the soundcard. So if I want to stop listening to music so that I can watch something on Youtube, etc. I have to use the right click menu of the tray icon to stop the music. Foobar doesn't release the soundcard if it's in paused mode.

Xchange by Br3tt

Reply #15
Br3tt another little problem. I noticed that you got rid of the 'Stop' button. The problem with this is that if I use the WASAPI plugin foobar goes into exclusive mode and hogs the soundcard. So if I want to stop listening to music so that I can watch something on Youtube, etc. I have to use the right click menu of the tray icon to stop the music. Foobar doesn't release the soundcard if it's in paused mode.

ok, maybe a stop button in the next build ...

Xchange by Br3tt

Reply #16
Thanks

Xchange by Br3tt

Reply #18
thanks, t will help noobs like me

I keep swapping panels around, it's fun!

Xchange by Br3tt

Reply #19
Its F@#ckin' awesome! Thanks Br3tt! Great work!

Xchange by Br3tt

Reply #21
ok, iv had a play & i must say Falstaff it is absolutely ridiculus (in a good way mind haha)
love it, cant wait to see what the updates bring.

1 quick question, how can i change the ratings system so it updates to databade rather than to tags?
as im not keen on that behaviour, just a personal preference & please dont take offence

great work & thank you

Xchange by Br3tt

Reply #22
I really like this, but I have a couple questions.

Is there a way I can add my own background to this? In addition to the 10 that are already there.

And the cover art is weird. If I don't use any skin, and just use the default UI then all the cover art that I have in itunes (my primary music player. At least until I become more foobar savy). But as soon as I start using a skin, only some cover art appears, and a lot of the others are missing. It'll show up in the cover art panel to the right, but in the playlist/library section it won't be there. So I dunno what the deal is with that.

Xchange by Br3tt

Reply #23
Is there a way I can add my own background to this? In addition to the 10 that are already there.

# of wallpaper not customizable for now, just save new ones in /skins/xchange/wallpapers/ at the place of one of the present wp£.jpg (£ = [1;10])

And the cover art is weird. If I don't use any skin, and just use the default UI then all the cover art that I have in itunes (my primary music player. At least until I become more foobar savy). But as soon as I start using a skin, only some cover art appears, and a lot of the others are missing. It'll show up in the cover art panel to the right, but in the playlist/library section it won't be there. So I dunno what the deal is with that.

once again :

http://br3tt.online.fr/html/X/index.htm

chapter D/

Xchange by Br3tt

Reply #24
ok, iv had a play & i must say Falstaff it is absolutely ridiculus (in a good way mind haha)
love it, cant wait to see what the updates bring.

1 quick question, how can i change the ratings system so it updates to databade rather than to tags?
as im not keen on that behaviour, just a personal preference & please dont take offence

great work & thank you

i'll add this as an option of the Xchange settings panel : rate to db instead of rate to file

wait for new build now