Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Force Google Play Music to not *upload* from [this particular computer] (Read 2203 times) previous topic - next topic

Force Google Play Music to not *upload* from [this particular computer]

N00b question since I haven't used Google Play's music locker much for some reasons; (I) it drops a lot of tags, (II) my home's upload speed is slow, and (III) not much needed due to Spotify availability. (Besides, (IV) it sometimes throws strange errors which I should have the common sense to ignore, but that just annoy me.)

Nevertheless:
Is there any way to force a local Google Play Music client not to upload, only match? "local client" because I would prefer for this setting not to be for my entire account - I have more bandwidth available elsewhere (off-site backup at mom's, she has an ultra-fast connection).

Re: Force Google Play Music to not *upload* from [this particular computer]

Reply #1
might solve (1) if you run it as a user which doesn't have write access to your music files.
whatever it does, files will be still intact.
depending on OS, this might not be very easy to achieve seamlessly...
a fan of AutoEq + Meier Crossfeed

Re: Force Google Play Music to not *upload* from [this particular computer]

Reply #2
I should have the common sense to ignore, but that just annoy me.)
Hardly surprising, albeit refreshing admission ;-)
Loudspeaker manufacturer