Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 v0.9.5.2 beta (Read 24062 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 v0.9.5.2 beta

foobar2000 v0.9.5.2 beta has been released.

It includes new visualisations, available as UI elements, popup windows, and toolbars.

Spectrum has been renamed to Spectrogram, which offers more options now.

Double-click to switch to fullscreen mode.

Full changelog:
  • You can now edit track titles and comments within the freedb dialog.
  • Ability to auto-resize playlist columns to match playlist view size.
    Right-click on the column headers and enable the option in the "Columns" submenu.
  • Improved ID3v2 specification compliance.
  • Converter: Improved handling of very long tracks.
  • Support for displaying cover art extracted from WMA files.

Download

foobar2000 v0.9.5.2 beta

Reply #1
Sorry.I hope this is the right place for posting questions about the beta. I recognized a strange behaviour using the spectrogram (scrolling mode). When i click the right mouse button the spectogram stutters. The same happens when the preferences page pops up.

foobar2000 v0.9.5.2 beta

Reply #2
Nice, thanks!

foobar2000 v0.9.5.2 beta

Reply #3
Is the metadb_display_hook API still supported in this beta?
Song List: keikoniumboards.ke.funpic.org/files/songlist.html

foobar2000 v0.9.5.2 beta

Reply #4
Thanks, it works nice especially the new ability to edit track titles and comments within the freedb dialog.

@Keikonium: AFAIK cwb_hooks still works over here in CUI.

foobar2000 v0.9.5.2 beta

Reply #5
Sweet. Thanks all. 
foobar2000 + EAC + Burrrn = Happiness

foobar2000 v0.9.5.2 beta

Reply #6
The oscilloscope isn't working for me, but the other visualizations are. Am I missing something?

foobar2000 v0.9.5.2 beta

Reply #7
Thanks for the heads up, I really like the oscilloscope and spectrum visualizations
we was young an' full of beans

foobar2000 v0.9.5.2 beta

Reply #8
Improved ID3v2 specification compliance.

Are we talking about just the way the info is stored or does it also include native support for more ID3v2.4 tag frames?

foobar2000 v0.9.5.2 beta

Reply #9
will try this one :-)

foobar2000 v0.9.5.2 beta

Reply #10
Is the metadb_display_hook API still supported in this beta?
The metadb_display_hook API is only declared deprecated in 0.9.5.2 - that means solely that no developers should use it in the newly created components. But it still works as before and no compatibility is broken. According to foosion, the time when it will be removed altogether has not yet been decided.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

foobar2000 v0.9.5.2 beta

Reply #11
New visualisations are pleasant, but the freedb component improvement is fundamental! It will save a lot of work.
Big THANK YOU for the developers!
Is there a difference between yes and no?

foobar2000 v0.9.5.2 beta

Reply #12
omg thanks!

foobar2000 v0.9.5.2 beta

Reply #13
Cool. Will grab this new Beta when i get back home and give it as test run.

foobar2000 v0.9.5.2 beta

Reply #14
"WOW" is all i have to say. fb2k has been going through some fantastic changes in the last few releases, i have been waiting for something like these viz components to be integrated for a long time. it always annoyed me that i have the most powerful audio/tagging/transcoding utility with very little visual feedback on the actual data.

one thing i noticed is my CPU usage skyrockets during some playbacks randomly while keeping the same quality/fft settings though.....maybe take a look at that before next beta/RC/final. sits at like 2-3 percent, then goes to 100%, not during playback, but if i press stop and play, it does.

Also, i would love to see a bit more grid config in the visualizations....finer grid increment/gradation options, and definitely a log/linear scale on either side of the spectrogram.

great work,
Leon

foobar2000 v0.9.5.2 beta

Reply #15
peakmeter is all mine!
great.

q: is there a way to do thinner lines between framed windows?
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung

foobar2000 v0.9.5.2 beta

Reply #16
The oscilloscope is great! Reminds me of the protracker days, thank you!

foobar2000 v0.9.5.2 beta

Reply #17
The Spectrogram seems to loose sharpness with high FFT sizes. In full screen mode I like the logarithmic mode, and it looks best in the lower frequencies with higher FFT, but at the same time the higher frequencies loose their sharpness.

Maybe a better downscaling would solve this...

foobar2000 v0.9.5.2 beta

Reply #18
The Spectrogram seems to loose sharpness with high FFT sizes. In full screen mode I like the logarithmic mode, and it looks best in the lower frequencies with higher FFT, but at the same time the higher frequencies loose their sharpness.

Maybe a better downscaling would solve this...

Heisenberg uncertainty principle

foobar2000 v0.9.5.2 beta

Reply #19
Beta 2 has been released, with two bug fixes and visualisation full-screen mode toggles in visualisation context menus.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

foobar2000 v0.9.5.2 beta

Reply #20
Thanks for the new beta  but i have some issues with the dialog replay gain window, it does not always remember the position, can anyone else reproduce this behavior?
And it would be nice if the mouse cursor could be hidden when using visualization full-screen mode
IMO, the colors should be the same for full-screen mode and none full-screen mode.
And the possibility for changing the colors for all the visualizations would also be nice.

And please do not delete my post if i violate the TOS, move my post or make a split

foobar2000 v0.9.5.2 beta

Reply #21
Thought I should remind of this bug:
[a href='index.php?showtopic=61792']not corrupted 24-bit FLAC file not playable[/a]

The file is still not playable in fb2k 0.9.5.2 beta 2, Winamp plays it OK.

foobar2000 v0.9.5.2 beta

Reply #23
A little bug: (Here at least)
If you set transparency in the settings, then click the close button, the transparency disappears... Also tried setting it, then restart foobar, still no good. But when you open the settings window again, it comes back.

And one more thing:
Would it be possible for the little "now playing" play icon in the "Playing" column to show if you change something in the facets, then change back? (It disappears)
Foobar2000 @ Onkyo SE-90PCI @ Sennheiser HD595 :)

foobar2000 v0.9.5.2 beta

Reply #24
A little bug: (Here at least)
If you set transparency in the settings, then click the close button, the transparency disappears... Also tried setting it, then restart foobar, still no good. But when you open the settings window again, it comes back.

No bug. Transparency is only applied when the window is inactive.