Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Winamp5.1 RC3 with AAC+v2 encoder leaked (Read 120917 times) previous topic - next topic

Winamp5.1 RC3 with AAC+v2 encoder leaked

Reply #25
That's not my problem, in_ape.dll works fine. It's the quotation mark requirement that foobar does not like. I'm going to experiment with multi frontend next.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=324435"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ugh, looks like multi frontend is not the program I thought it was. Or at least, it doesn't work the way I thought it did. Maybe frontah might work? I just want a way to be able to transcode multiple ape files. That's not too much to ask I think, is it?

Reply #26
Pub release rips faster than 2x, tested it...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=324390"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

From "Version history":

"New: CD Ripping now available at 8x in free version!"

Reply #27
Ah, thanks! It works for me without crashing anymore. Now to figure out what app works best for transcoding APE files. I don't think foobar is going to work, I think it doesn't like the quotation mark requirements.
Don't use the quotation marks for the source and destination files, simply use the %s and %d arguments. foobar2000 will insert it's own quotation marks around the filenames. I just tested this and successfully converted a WavPack file (with spaces in the filename) to AAC.

dimzon: You can use this direct download link if you want, save people going through YouSendIt.

Reply #29
Don't use the quotation marks for the source and destination files, simply use the %s and %d arguments. foobar2000 will insert it's own quotation marks around the filenames. I just tested this and successfully converted a WavPack file (with spaces in the filename) to AAC.

Confirmed.  Works OK with filenames with no spaces as well.

It doesn't appear as though you can use tech fields in the parameter line.  Shame, otherwise you could use:

Code: [Select]
%s %d "%__samplerate%" "4" "48000" "1"

Edit: Ah, you can!  You just drop the "__"

%s %d "%samplerate%" "4" "48000" "1"
I'm on a horse.

Reply #30
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=324448"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Wow, thanks man! Now I can use foobar to transcode ape file to aacPlusv2 with wild abandon, WHEEE! 

Edit: Got some tag weirdness going on. Files made with foobar 0.8.3 + aacenc.exe have unreadable tags in The GodFather 0.70 and Winamp 5.1, but then again neither TGF or WA read file info right either regardless of whether Winamp or foobar made said file. For what it's worth, Winamp plays files created with foobar just fine (and vice versa). foobar is the only program that seems to be reading tag and file info correctly, regardless of where the file originated from.

Reply #31
This CLI only create AAC stream, which can't have any tag. If your fb2k read the tag just right then your fb2k work just wrong

Reply #32
What exact commandline should be in parameters window of Foobar diskwriter ?
Those lines from Synthetic soul don't work for me.    I'm not that good at writing those myself.. Please help me.

It encodes OK but then the console pops up telling me that encoding failed. More than that there is no resulting file/

Reply #33
New version is here

+ rewritten from scrach
+ improved stability
+ more frendly parameters
- no more in_*.dll support - now you can encode only PCM WAV

Enjoy!

PS. I'm thinking about beSweet integration

Reply #34
Actually I have tags in these files with  no problem. 

I used Winamp to transcode, because I couldn't set the parameters up right in Foobar(tried without quotes and a couple other things, will try the above posted later). 

The way I transcoded from Winamp is use the plugin that the OP's was based off of.

BTW, if you do use the transcode plugin instead, make sure you choose Parametric stereo in the last drop down or you will get crash.

Reply #35
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=324500"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Why???

Edit: I believe that I saw "no" before "more"  so ignore my "Why???" above...

Tried with fb2k 0.9b7 Converter component, works great, good job man

Edit #2: Could you integrate it with some utility that automatically packing output AAC file into M4A container (so I can tag it)

Thanks...

Reply #36
Edit #2: Could you integrate it with some utility that automatically packing output AAC file into M4A container (so I can tag it)
Thanks...

You can use such bat-file:
enc.bat
@echo off
aacencplus %1 c:\temp.aac %3 %4 %5 %6
mp4box -add c:\temp.aac -sbr %2
del c:\temp.aac

Reply #37
Working in Windows x64, I used the first version successfuly for converting from my tagged FLAC to 56 kbps channelmode2 stereo -- yes, channelmode 4 crashed. And, yes, the tag wasn't carried over.
Maybe there should be a separate thread split off into the Foobar2000 forum dealing expressly with parameters in batch instructions that can have Foobar2000 create the *.aac files while preserving tag info from FLAC or APE files. Oh, heck, I confess I'm no good at batch processing parameters (not now and not in DOS 3 days). So, please somebody, just post your line for foobar.
I had used Magix MP3 Maker 10 Deluxe to create files at 80 kbps, but I'm now convinced that was overkill for my Pocket Loox 720 -- I'd rather have 43% more music.
BTW, can anyone report whether Ahead Nero's encoder will duplicate the CT encoding engine of Winamp 5.1, or is it to include it's own optimizations? (Ivan, if you're looking, please include these transcoding with tag transfer abilities!)

Reply #38

Edit #2: Could you integrate it with some utility that automatically packs AAC output into M4A container (so I can tag it)
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=324532"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I don't understand that complaint since I just copy/pasted a FLAC tag onto the AAC format using MP3Tag 2.32 r . I've found that tagging program most capable with this format.

Reply #39
whoah!!!

Has anyone tried 16kbps 44100Parametric Stereo!? It is nowhere transparent, but, wow it's 16kbps!

Reply #40

Edit #2: Could you integrate it with some utility that automatically packs AAC output into M4A container (so I can tag it)
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=324532"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I don't understand that complaint since I just copy/pasted a FLAC tag onto the AAC format using MP3Tag 2.32 r . I've found that tagging program most capable with this format.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=324540"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

No, this encoder only creats AAC stream, which can't have any tag at all, even it can't report its length correctly.

MP3Tag must have packed it into some kind of container.

Can you send me a small clip (few seconds is enough) encoded by this encoder and tagged by MP3Tag?

Reply #41
No, this encoder only creats AAC stream, which can't have any tag at all, even it can't report its length correctly.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=324592"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This is a bit of an oddity to me. When using Winamp to rip CD's to aacPlusv2 files, there are indeed tags added. Looks perhaps like maybe id3v1 and id3v2, I don't know for sure. The GodFather, Winamp, and Foobar all read these tags correctly, though those first two have trouble properly reading the files properties (reports as LC 22kHz mono). When transcoding APE files to aacPlusv2 using Foobar, I have no clue what tags it's putting into the AAC files, and both The GodFather and Winamp won't read them. I don't know much about AAC, but I'm guessing from your statement that there should not be tags in these files regardless of which program creates them. In which case, would putting the ACC file (which has no tags) into a container (such as M4A) be the right thing to do if one wants to have tags properly read by all programs?

Reply #42
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=324592"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This is a bit of an oddity to me. When using Winamp to rip CD's to aacPlusv2 files, there are indeed tags added. Looks perhaps like maybe id3v1 and id3v2, I don't know for sure. The GodFather, Winamp, and Foobar all read these tags correctly, though those first two have trouble properly reading the files properties (reports as LC 22kHz mono). When transcoding APE files to aacPlusv2 using Foobar, I have no clue what tags it's putting into the AAC files, and both The GodFather and Winamp won't read them. I don't know much about AAC, but I'm guessing from your statement that there should not be tags in these files regardless of which program creates them. In which case, would putting the ACC file (which has no tags) into a container (such as M4A) be the right thing to do if one wants to have tags properly read by all programs?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=324600"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

IIRC, Winamp apply mp4 extension for files it ripped, so those files already packed into MPEG4 container.

Using fb2k with this encoder (the CLI utility in this thread) only create AAC stream, AAC stream can't hold any metadata (correct me if I'm wrong), just raw audio data, so the stream have to be packed into some kind of container in order to have header (which hold track length... etc...) and metadata (title, genre... etc...)

Reply #43
IIRC, Winamp apply mp4 extension for files it ripped, so those files already packed into MPEG4 container.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=324613"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

No, I'm pretty sure the file extension is AAC. I'm in the midst of reinstalling stuff due to restoring an old backup, so I need to reinstall Winamp 5.1 to make sure.

Using fb2k with this encoder (the CLI utility in this thread) only create AAC stream, AAC stream can't hold any metadata (correct me if I'm wrong), just raw audio data, so the stream have to be packed into some kind of container in order to have header (which hold track length... etc...) and metadata (title, genre... etc...)
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=324613"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Have any recommendations for an app that can take the raw AAC file and put it into a proper container that can contain tags that are properly readable?

Edit: Yup, file extensions are AAC. There is an option to turn off metadata tagging when ripping too. Probably is using ID3 when that option is on. Looks like properties are still displayed wrong too (except in foobar). Anyways, now have both Winamp and Foobar set to not apply any tags. Just need to figure out how to get the AAC into a container now, and then apply the proper tags afterwards.

Reply #44
Is there a similar command-line tool for
the non-plus Winamp aac encoder?
Wanna buy a monkey?

Reply #45
For the people who wanted to put the AAC output files in an MPEG4 container, foobar2000 can do this. If you don't have the full install, download the MPEG4 Utilities component (foo_mpeg4u). Add the AAC files to your playlist and select them all, then right click and click "MP4 Utilities" then "Convert to MP4 (same directory)". The AAC files are not deleted so you'll have to do that manually.

Edit: I should also note that the MP4 file is not bit identical to the source AAC file, but when extracted back out of the MPEG4 container is, which suggests the difference is due to a slight length offset. foobar2000 also detects the file in the MP4 container as LC AAC, but I believe it is still playing the HE AAC stream, as I couldn't hear any difference between the two. When it is removed from the MPEG4 container the AAC file is once again correctly detected as HE-AACv2.

foobar2000 0.9b8 detects the file in the MPEG4 container correctly as using SBR and PS.

foobar2000 0.9b8

foobar2000 0.8.3

Reply #46
For the people who wanted to put the AAC output files in an MPEG4 container, foobar2000 can do this.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=324812"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks, I didn't realize that because the option wasn't in my context menu for some reason. Gave it a try and Winamp, Foobar, and TheGodfather all have no problems with the tags of MP4/M4A files that Foobar creates from the tagless raw aacPlusv2 files. However, your right about Foobar 0.8.3 no longer displaying the files properties correctly anymore, but then the same problem still afflicts TheGodfather and Winamp as well (including the actual player display in Winamp now as well). Does sound like Winamp and Foobar are playing the aacPlusv2 stream contained in the container properly despite this failing though. I'm guessing since aacPlus hasn't made a big impact on the audio world yet, that all the audio and tagger apps out there that can currently handle AAC files, need to be updated to properly detect this newer profile. Nice to see Foobar on the forefront in regards to this with version 0.9. Hopefully other develpers will catch up soon now that Winamp has made this type of encoding available to the masses.

Reply #47
I just transcoded one of my favorite song from mp3 into a 32kbps AAC+v2, the sound is more satisfying than I expected, better than MP3PRO which I was onced very in favor of. I think AAC+v2 is simply the best for low-bitrate audio now.

Reply #48
Winamp plays the files I put into a mp4 container with foobar 0.8.3 as LC only here.

foobar 0.8.3 also has a hard time with one of the files I tested (transcoded Armand van Helden - Necessary Evil) putting out various errors...

ERROR (foo_input_std) : Gain control not yet implemented
ERROR (foo_input_std) : Maximum number of scalefactor bands exceeded
ERROR (foo_input_std) : Invalid number of channels
ERROR (foo_input_std) : MP4: decode error.

(all these appear by playing the file for some time/seeking around in it)

Also one of my files obviously sounds different (in foobar 0.9b8) when put into a mp4 container... they sound the same in foobar 0.8.3 (seems as if all files sound different. foo0.9 doesn't seem to like the raw AAC files. It does not only play the LC part, but maybe PS is missing?)

Reply #49
Intermezzo for AAC v2 stuff a bit.

Hmm...does anybody also having random errors popping up after clicking on 'Eject CD' on its Media Library when you already have your drive's tray out?
I think it starts spouting 'No CD' errors when I made the tray closed again with no CD on it.
[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'](well, in a dev's point of view, shouldn't it be one of the errors to be catched?)[/span]

Anybody here could reproduce the situation I'm getting?
I'm using Winamp 5.1, of course.

edit :
Oh crap, I didn't see where this thread is located at. =/
Anyway, to get this post on topic...

So, for now, which one's better to play aacPlus v2 w/ PS?
Using Winamp, fb2k 0.8.3, or fb2k 0.9bx?
Also, should it be contained in an MP4 or just let it in AAC in which Winamp produced?
This is, of course, considering u're making the AAC via Winamp's Media Library interface.