Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Upsampling question (Read 4234 times) previous topic - next topic

Upsampling question

Hello to everybody. I use foobar to stream audio to raspberry and then DAC, while upsampling with SoX to 96KHz within Foobar.

There is an option in Preferences -> UPnP -> Server -> Playback Streaming Profiles to choose the sample rate and bit depth of the Stream. After some trials, I noticed that this setting has a priority over Sox, which means that if for example the SoX plug in is set to 44KHz and this one to 96KHz, the DAC receives 96KHz.

The question is, if I use the SoX plug in with the same setting as the PLayback Straming Profile, does Foobar2000 makes the upsampling or SoX plug in?

Also, which codec has sounds better wav or the lpcm at Playback Straming Profile?

Thank you!!

Re: Upsampling question

Reply #1
Check Advanced Preferences, Tools, Automatic resampling preference, new to 1.4.

Reply #2
Check Advanced Preferences, Tools, Automatic resampling preference, new to 1.4.

I tried to enter to this option the names "Resampler (SoX)" and "SoX" but it didn't work....

Reply #3
Define "didn't work".

Reply #4
Whatever I define as sampling rate in SoX plug in (DSP), foobar sends the audio file to DAC, according to the settings defined in Playback Stream Capture, found in Tools -> UPnP -> Sever -> Streaming Profiles

Reply #5
That's a feature of the UPnP plugin, you'll have to take that up with Peter as well. Wait, was that a third party plugin? I haven't used UPnP in so long.

Reply #7
I found Peter, thank you!

Reply #8
Oh, that's bubbleguuum's component, which I don't think is updated any more.

Reply #9
I uninstalled it and started with foo_out_upnp which seems to work fine, also got rid of SoX. Foobar works better now and sounds the same.