Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FLAC Music File - "cue" error issues........... (Read 7172 times) previous topic - next topic

FLAC Music File - "cue" error issues...........

:-[ I have many, many music files on my external hard drive all play without issues in Foobar2000. But I have this one particular music FLAC file I downloaded off the internet that plays normally FLAC Media Format or any other music format within Foobar2000, VLC, etc.  But without the song Title/Track Info/Artist Name/Etc., showing …..which I need to be shown at all times.

But this same particular music FLAC file refuses to play music normally when I try to open up in the cue file which normally does show song Title/Track Info/Artist Name/Etc., but I get an error messages as shown below.  And please keep in mind that I have other FLAC music files on my hard drive that do have a “cue file" and they all play normally in Foobar2000 (or otherwise) and they all show the Title/Track Info/Artist Name/Etc., without any other issue.  Is there a solution or fix to this ongoing issue with this one music file; and all music files (Flac/Cue) are within the same folder?

Unable to open item for playback (Object not found):
"F:\The Brothers - The Band of Brothers (2004) \The Brothers - The Band of Brothers (CD1).cue" / index: 1

"F:\The Brothers - The Band of Brothers (2004) \The Brothers - The Band of Brothers (CD1).cue" / index: 2

"F:\The Brothers - The Band of Brothers (2004) \The Brothers - The Band of Brothers (CD1).cue" / index: 3

Re: FLAC Music File - "cue" error issues...........

Reply #1
Open the CUE file with a text editor and be sure the file name it points to matches the associated FLAC file.

Reply #2
Open the CUE file with a text editor and be sure the file name it points to matches the associated FLAC file.

That’s unusual I moved both sets of music files along with their cues files directly to my desk top and now one set works (showing: Title/Track Info/Artist Name/Etc.) and successfully plays music without modification/editing of the cue file using Notepad. NOTE: I have a double CD album (two sets).  But the second set still does not work or play (and still not showing: Title/Track Info/Artist Name/Etc.) with its cue file.

What should I be looking for – for comparison purposes and what would I find such matching information within the file itself.  Would it be under the actual file “properties” area, etc.?

Here is an example of one of the cue files that still causing me problems.

REM GENRE Soul
REM DATE 2004
REM DISCID D6118416
REM COMMENT "ExactAudioCopy v0.95b3"
PERFORMER "The Brothers"
TITLE "The Band of Brothers"
FILE "The Brothers - The Band of Brothers (CD2).wav" WAVE
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    TITLE "Do Your Thing"
    PERFORMER "The Brothers"
    INDEX 01 00:00:00

Reply #3
You have a flac file, so the line
is incorrect. It should be:
FILE "The Brothers - The Band of Brothers (CD2).flac" WAVE

Reply #4
You have a flac file, so the line
is incorrect. It should be:
FILE "The Brothers - The Band of Brothers (CD2).flac" WAVE

Thanks a million LVQCL ....it works fine now. THANKS!!!!!

Reply #5
But I have this one particular music FLAC file I downloaded off the internet

I hope that this is somehow a download from a legitimate music service, as opposed to something downloaded illegally.  HA is not a resource to help you avoid paying for things (hence TOS#9).

Reply #6
But I have this one particular music FLAC file I downloaded off the internet

I hope that this is somehow a download from a legitimate music service, as opposed to something downloaded illegally.  HA is not a resource to help you avoid paying for things (hence TOS#9).
It's "Legit" as it gets; no copyright infringement here.