Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Rebuild CD image from seperated lossless files (Read 3280 times) previous topic - next topic

Rebuild CD image from seperated lossless files

Hello,

I have few CDs that I ripped into FLAC files, at that time I don't know how to embed the CUE sheet into the file, so that I can't use the image.

Now is it possible the rebuild the image?

Reply #1
Yes, one of the methods would be to use fb2k and encode into single file (Convert-> Run conversion, single file output).
The object of mankind lies in its highest individuals.
One must have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star.

Reply #2
Is it lossless compare to the original CD? Let's say the EAC ripping process is lossless, and of course the coding process to FLAC is lossless and the decoding process to single wav file is lossless?

Reply #3
Lossless means that coding and decoding of information is done without losing data. You end up with perfect files when extracting zip-archives, right?

EDIT: To clarify, you will in the end have the same information that you got from the extraction.

Reply #4
Lossless means that coding and decoding of information is done without losing data. You end up with perfect files when extracting zip-archives, right?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=324083"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I am perfectly understand the meaning of 'lossless' although my English is bad

But, I think you're misunderstanding me. I'm wonder this --> "Yes, one of the methods would be to use fb2k and encode into single file (Convert-> Run conversion, single file output)." can make the identical wav image.

Reply #5
But, I think you're misunderstanding me. I'm wonder this can make the identical wav image.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=324085"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It would if you did not throw out the gaps.
The object of mankind lies in its highest individuals.
One must have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star.