Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Banned for Spamming, but why? (Read 2455 times) previous topic - next topic

Banned for Spamming, but why?

On 27/9/2015 I wanted to start a new topic under General Audio section of the forum, about Replaygain and Android, from another account. I found a solution just as I was about to click post, so didn't post anything, just closed the browser window. Next time when I tried to log in, a message showed up, saying something like "sorry user, you are banned from using this forum. Spam, this ban is not set to expire"

Now, I cannot access HA from my IP at all.  Was this ban an automated process for doing something wrong? If so, what triggered it?

I have tried to contact a moderator, but there has been no response yet. Is there anyone who can shed some light upon the incident? Thanks

Re: Banned for Spamming, but why?

Reply #1
PM me your IP, and I'll look into it.

Reply #2
I'm a long time reader, but the first time poster. It appeared that I've already been registered here, but my account is... banned? For what? Had to register another one.

That's me, using this nickname for more than 15 years online. Kinda sad that this forum did not welcome me.

Reply #3
PMed you.