Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Opus Gain? (Read 3832 times) previous topic - next topic

Opus Gain?

Hello everyone!  Got a question regarding Opus.  Is there such a thing as Opusgain?  I've used mp3Gain, and aacGain to level my files I use on my phone and my mp3 player and whatever changes they make to the files, it works on any player I've ever thrown the files at--computer programs, and Android programs.  I recently tried Opus at 96kbps hearing it was a "sweet spot" and liked what I heard, and since I have limited space on my work computer, I decided to use this setting for music at work.  This is all and good because the EBU-r128 normalizer plugin for foobar2000 works on the Opus files so I don't need to do any volume changes to the files themselves.

However, here is the problem--can't find a way to get software on the Android platform to do the same thing.  I use RocketPlayer on my phone, and have Poweramp already, but that doesn't have Opus support.  Is there something I'm missing with Rocket Player or is there a different program I should be using if I want to use Opus and have the volume leveled?

Thanks for all the help!
foobar2000, FLAC, and qAAC -V90
It just works people!

Opus Gain?

Reply #1
Mmm... Maybe what was said in this thread might give you a hint, but so far, I haven't tried it myself.