Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: The new Hydrogenaudio logo (Read 30146 times) previous topic - next topic

The new Hydrogenaudio logo

May i present to you the new Hydrogenaudio logo, as chosen by the staff. After many hours of discussion and editing, we narrowed it down to this. It is a combination of  lucpes' logo and the text from Jaester's logo, with some more editing.

We chose it because it looks simple, yet professional. The logo symbolizes the spreading of information as well as expanding sound waves. It's easily recognizable and can also be modified to a smaller logo for sites that want to link to us. The text is simple and non-distracting. As you can see, we decided not to have headphones in the logo. We felt that it wouldn't be individual and original enough.

We would like to thank everyone that submitted one or several logos. We had a hard time choosing between them, and we didn't make it easy on ourselves. We considered many completely different logos, modified our favorites over and over again, and compared many screenshots to see how it feels like when it's on the page. There were many logos that looked stunning, but didn't fit the theme of HA at the end of the day. We want none of the submitters feel bad that their logo hasn't been chosen; there were great pieces among them, but there can be only one.

We hope you like this logo. Okay, it doesn't have hype spaced-out, photorealistic graphics, but it's like we see this forum: on point.

Reply #1
The text and colors are great, however, the logo could use some more work (good thing is it's simple).

Reply #2
Yes, it may still change a little, but this is pretty much the final concept.

Reply #3
It's great

Though I don't really like the text, the logo is far better than the old one

Reply #4
No offense. But what does this logo actually say? I kinda liked one of them that had a waveform / a headset and one more thing  I am sure you guys have came up with this in the end as a result of thorough analysis and I am no democrat either. But I'd be happier if I could fully appreciate the meaning of this logo. Thanks.

Edit: I know it represents expanding sound waves, but my question was in view of psychoacoustic compression.
The object of mankind lies in its highest individuals.
One must have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star.

Reply #5
No offense. But what does this logo actually say?

The logo symbolizes the spreading of information as well as expanding sound waves.

Reply #6
I like it. Simple and clean.

I use the same colour scheme in my blog... easy on the eyes.

Reply #7
But what does this logo actually say?

Additionally to what dibrom has said, you can recognize an "A" (inner grey 3/4 circle + point) sourrounded by a "H" (the 2 middle 1/3 circles + the point) = HA. Needs some immagination, I admit.
Let's suppose that rain washes out a picnic. Who is feeling negative? The rain? Or YOU? What's causing the negative feeling? The rain or your reaction? - Anthony De Mello

Reply #8
I like it very much.  Re: not having "hype spaced-out, photorealistic graphics"...I much prefer it this way.  Less is more.

Professional, concise, to-the-point, non-restrictive, in a 4767-byte package. 

Reply #9
After an sucessful attempt to install Linux, I picked HA as the first site to be visited using my the new OS...
and the new logo was a nice surprise too and its looks good.
Congrats
"Jazz washes away the dust of everyday life" (Art Blakey)

Reply #10
Very nice logo indeed  In my opinion, the anti-aliasing in the text could have been better, though - it seems blurry and pixelated at the same time.

Reply #11
very nice, fits this site perfect :thumbup:
Chaintech AV-710

Reply #12
/me passes on the torch...

Fantastic! That's superb, solid branding if I've ever seen it.

Congrats!

Ruairi
rc55.com - nothing going on

Reply #13
Very good selection. Simple yet very meaningful. Matches HA theme very well.

But, I think if "the audio technology enthusiast's resource" could be limited to the right end of "hydrogenaudio" (I mean not extending beyond O) that would be a bit better looking.

Anyways, congrats!
-- Floydian Slip

Reply #14
Thanks for choosing something based on my 'work'. I'll try to do more refining once I get at work... It looks ok now, but the font on audio does not match the hydrogen one, 'the audio technology enthusiast's resource' should be all caps (in theory), +also some kerning adjustments...

Reply #15
But what does this logo actually say?

Additionally to what dibrom has said, you can recognize an "A" (inner grey 3/4 circle + point) sourrounded by a "H" (the 2 middle 1/3 circles + the point) = HA. Needs some immagination, I admit.

Lol.
You have a lot of imagination , I must say.
Kind Regards , Tcmjr

Aka HellSnoopy

Reply #16
I like the graphics very much, but the text is more than a mouthfull to say.
flac > schiit modi > schiit magni > hd650

Reply #17
Nice... I like... Simple yet elegant
-=MusePack... Living Audio Compression=-

Honda - The Power of Dreams

Reply #18
Super simple.
Awesome.

Good that it finally came down to just one logo.

We had a "taste" of what having different logos might be like.
I did not like it.

I like the new logo very much.
I'm the one in the picture, sitting on a giant cabbage in Mexico, circa 1978.
Reseñas de Rock en Español: www.estadogeneral.com

Reply #19
It looks great.  I like its simplicity and it looks very stylish and symbolic at the same time. 

Reply #20
I can imagine that some that invested a while designing all the 3D, photorealistic logos will think: "All this work and they end up choosing THAT?!" 
Anyway, I kinda like it, too. Definitely slicker than the last one.

Reply #21
The New Logo's very good.
Professional, Simple and Profound.

Reply #22
I like it very much!

I voted for other logos in the logo-thread, but IMHO this fits much better to HA's style.

Reply #23
I admit I prefered some of the other designs, but this one works. It's much more modern than the others, IMO. I don't like that modern look, particularly, but it gives a quick, symbolic reference for HA.

Good choice, and good reasoning. I never doubted the administration would pick the right logo for a moment.  Nice to see the design's been selected.

Reply #24
Maybe the text should be right aligned, it would be easier for the eye and better to resize into a smaller logo.
Otherwise nice,clean and simple
Dimitris