Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Help] SQL Viewer (Read 1540 times) previous topic - next topic

[Help] SQL Viewer

There's nothing I like more than a bit of SQL'ing, but unfortunately, after recently trying to load this very useful-looking plug-in, I've failed dismally.

I'm unable to load SQL Viewer in Foobar V1.3.15 or 1.3.16. 

I've hit the same problems in the following use-cases:
-Portable Mode enabled, BPM Analyser, IPod Manager and Columns UI loaded
-Standard Mode enabled, no optional components loaded

The machine runs on WinXP (I know, don't ask), with user accounts set up.

Foobar was installed by user in Portable Mode and Administrator in Standard Mode.

The error files are attached.

I'd welcome any assistance on this, thanks!

Re: [Help] SQL Viewer

Reply #1
From what I've been told by kind contributors on a couple of other posts regarding plugins that don't want to play on my machine, I can anticipate the problem here is the CPU compatibility thing - SSE2 instructions enabled in the build but not supported by my aged CPU.  So I think I will consider this already resolved by default and thank the nice folks who had the patience to answer my other posts.  Time to find a bit newer box to host my sounds I guess.

Reply #2
You might try the attached file, which doesn't require SSE2. It's the just finished version 1.1.0, but it needs some documentation adjustments before it will be released.

Reply #3
You might try the attached file, which doesn't require SSE2. It's the just finished version 1.1.0, but it needs some documentation adjustments before it will be released.

Wow! Thank you so much fbuser - that works like a dream!  It is awesome being able to apply sql to the foobar db.  Wish there were more plugins compiled without the SSE2 support dependency (which my CPU indeed does not support - I checked the spec).

Much kudos to you for taking the trouble.