Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: ABX module closes on error (Read 2121 times) previous topic - next topic

ABX module closes on error

Hello,

I am using foobar 1.4 beta 15.
If the ASIO driver is occupied (usually because playback wasn't stopped a few seconds ahead) I receive an error message "Could not initialize the driver". That is perfectly fine but the ABX module is closed as well, thus  forcing restart of the module and decoding again.

Is it possible to let the module stay open even with this  error message alert?

Thanks.

Re: ABX module closes on error

Reply #1
Noted, thanks for reporting.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #2
New version posted, recovery from audio output errors has been improved.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #3
Thank you, Peter.

I have noticed another thing: once ABX testing has started, even if it is paused or stopped, playback could not be started - neither from the playlist nor from another ABX window. Until that ABX window is closed no other playback can be initiated.

I am using foobar V1.4 with ABX plugin V2.0.5 and ASIO (V2.1.2) as output device. Is it possuble set the ABX to release the output device once it is stopped or paused?

Reply #4
Are you sure you're not trying to cheat the ABX test by comparing to tracks outside of the ABX window?

Reply #5
Is it possuble set the ABX to release the output device once it is stopped or paused?
No, closing the device would add a distracting delay with CPU load on some ASIO drivers. There is no point keeping the ABX session open without playing for long periods of time.

I can play other files to WaveOut or to another ASIO channel as long as the sampling rate matches.

Reply #6
j7n,
It was possible before. I don't think it is meant as an intentional behavior but has just been overlooked.

kode54,
Not cheating. honest :)