Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: ASIOdriver enumeration failed:Couldn't start the worker process-Access is denied (Read 1696 times) previous topic - next topic

ASIOdriver enumeration failed:Couldn't start the worker process-Access is denied

Hello,
Need advice. I'm installing ver1.4.1 and I am getting this failure in the console.
"ASIO driver enumeration failure: Could not start the worker process - Access is denied."
OS windows 7.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,
Nestor

Re: ASIOdriver enumeration failed:Couldn't start the worker process-Access is denied

Reply #1
Sounds like it may be antivirus software?

Re: ASIOdriver enumeration failed:Couldn't start the worker process-Access is denied

Reply #2
Sounds like it may be antivirus software?
What should I normally do? thanks

Reply #3
Hi there,

The devs here have previously recommended not using ASIO drivers if possible. (As they are often buggy and offer no benefit).

Perhaps you could try foo_out_wasapi (Exclusive Output) or foo_out_wasapis (Shared Output) if you need such features.

Cheers :)

Reply #4
People set on ASIO don't seem willing to switch no matter how poorly it works. But this time ASIO drivers aren't even in use yet, something blocks access to the sandboxed ASIO handlers. As kode54 said it's most likely the user's anti-virus software. Could also be third party software firewall. The OP would need to manually whitelist the files in his security software or disable the software as it clearly misbehaves.

Reply #5
People set on ASIO don't seem willing to switch no matter how poorly it works. But this time ASIO drivers aren't even in use yet, something blocks access to the sandboxed ASIO handlers. As kode54 said it's most likely the user's anti-virus software. Could also be third party software firewall. The OP would need to manually whitelist the files in his security software or disable the software as it clearly misbehaves.

Hi @Case , I'm not really well oriented and this is my first time and just followed the instruction that comes with the device. May I know which alternative to ASIO you are referring ? I will switch from there. thanks

Reply #6
Hi there,

The devs here have previously recommended not using ASIO drivers if possible. (As they are often buggy and offer no benefit).

Perhaps you could try foo_out_wasapi (Exclusive Output) or foo_out_wasapis (Shared Output) if you need such features.

Cheers :)
Hi @anamorphic , thanks for the tip... btw in terms of features... is wasapi same as asio?

Reply #7
I don't know what you are trying to achieve but apart from native DSD support WASAPI can do anything ASIO can. But Peter's WASAPI output also uses sandboxed hosts so it too will be blocked by your software.

Reply #8
As will the VST instrument support in my MIDI plugin.

Reply #9
I removed asio and instead used foo_out_wasapi and it is now working. Many thanks guys for the advise.