Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Updated --dm-preset switches (Was: \"New very hard to encode (Read 14715 times) previous topic - next topic

Updated --dm-preset switches (Was: \"New very hard to encode

Reply #25
And so do I!

Reply #26
Argh.. well it looks like there is going to need to be a little bit more tuning before I release this after all

Everything is working great, but a few samples are causing rather large bitrate increases (not related to transients or pulses or any of that), so I'm trying to get that back under control first.  I think a release is imminent, but not quite yet.  I'll post again once it is under control (which I hope should be "very soon now" )

Reply #27
Hi Dibrom...

Any progress? I'm sorry for being impatient here, but the tweaks just sounds so darn interesting! :listening

Regards, stoff

Reply #28
I know how you feel Stoff, because I just got the Rockford Fosgate RFX9000 car mp3 player and it rocks!!...highly recommended...so I cannot wait to use Dibrom's special compile to **finally** store my 500 cds onto mp3-cds.

So far --dm-preset-standard -Z sounds awesome in the car, but I've waited this long, so I'm waiting for the "special compile".

Btw, thanks again for all your hardwork Dibrom...

RD

Reply #29
Originally posted by stoff
Any progress? I'm sorry for being impatient here, but the tweaks just sounds so darn interesting! :listening 

Yes, well sorta  I've been trying these modifications a couple different ways so far and each time, I find a way to where I think it will work just a little bit better.  Right now I think I've come to what might be the best implementation I've thought up yet, but I'm still working on putting it all together.  What I've decided is that if I can't get some of this working in a short period of time, I'll probably just put out some sort of interim release to keep people occupied in the meantime

I'm going to try hard to finish this stuff up this weekend..

Reply #30
Hmmm... Taking a look at your new presets Dibrom, I'm wondering what the difference between --dm-preset insane & --dm-preset cbr 320 is? I tested these presets with a sample (the intro from the album "Schizophrenia" by Sepultura), and this is what EncSpot 1.0 came up with upon looking at the details of the MP3s:

Sepultura - 01 - Intro (CBR 320).mp3
------------------------------------

Bitrates:
----------------------------------------------------
320    ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||      100.0%

Type                : mpeg 1 layer III
Bitrate            : 320
Mode                : joint stereo
Frequency          : 44100 Hz
Frames              : 1228
Length              : 00:00:32
Max Reservoir      : 396
Emphasis            : none
Scalefac            : 17%
Complete            : yes
Encoder            : Lame 3.90

--[ EncSpot 1.0 ]--[ http://www.guerillasoft.com ]--

Sepultura - 01 - Intro (Insane).mp3
-----------------------------------

Bitrates:
320    ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||      100.0%

Type                : mpeg 1 layer III
Bitrate            : 320
Mode                : joint stereo
Frequency          : 44100 Hz
Frames              : 1228
Length              : 00:00:32
Max Reservoir      : 396
Emphasis            : none
Scalefac            : 36%
Complete            : yes
Encoder            : Lame 3.90

--[ EncSpot 1.0 ]--[ http://www.guerillasoft.com ]--

Is the only difference between these two presets a higher scale factor?

I know I can find out what switches these presets actually consist of at the CVS of LAME <http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/lame/ >, but I can't figure out the system there. I guess I'm stupid or something. =)

Reply #31
Originally posted by kjempen
Is the only difference between these two presets a higher scale factor? 

This would appear to be the case.  I suspect one is using noise shaping type 1 and the other type 2.  I'll look into this.  They should be identical otherwise..