Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: .ape file to flac files? (Read 6377 times) previous topic - next topic

.ape file to flac files?

Hi guys
So ive downloaded some soundtracks but some of them are a single huge .ape file (with log and cue)
i was wondering how to convert that file to separate flac files?
also will i have to input the names manually or is there somoe other way?
thanks

.ape file to flac files?

Reply #1
Wow, you can search for downloadz, but not guides.  foobar2000 will be able to do this. Install it, tell it where to find flac.exe, load the cue sheet, and convert; metadata will be transferred. It's very straightforward, and various guides are available on the wiki should you need them.

.ape file to flac files?

Reply #2
What your looking for is CueTools which you can get from this forum.

Search this site for CueTools and downloading

.ape file to flac files?

Reply #3
Or you can drop the .cue file in foobar and then convert your desired files to FLAC. I do this even if I get a single FLAC file and I just want the seperate files.

Is this a redundant process though? Does CueTools do this a lot faster without having to re-encode the files?

.ape file to flac files?

Reply #4
I doubt it; I don't think FLAC (and probably other) files can be directly split, at least not without creating issues. And I've already mentioned foobar2000 above.

.ape file to flac files?

Reply #5
Gotchya 

But I also read that when using foobar2000, you lose any pre-gap information. Does this mean that you only lose the gap that was supposed to be before track 1? I've ripped a lot of CDs with cuesheets and then used those cuesheets for burning CD purposes but for my audio library, I use multiple FLAC files and deleted the cuesheets afterwards(potentially a stupid decision on my part). I don't want to have to re-rip all my CDs knowing I'm missing pre-gap info so is there any database that contains such info about CDs with pre-gap just incase do I need to re-rip some CDs?

.ape file to flac files?

Reply #6
IIRC, Foobar will not create new cuesheet, so pre-gap and indexes 00 info get lost (if you delete old cue).

I don't want to have to re-rip all my CDs knowing I'm missing pre-gap info so is there any database that contains such info about CDs with pre-gap just incase do I need to re-rip some CDs?
No need to rip CDs again, just make cuesheets w/ EAC.

.ape file to flac files?

Reply #7
IIRC, Foobar will not create new cuesheet, so pre-gap and indexes 00 info get lost (if you delete old cue).

I don't want to have to re-rip all my CDs knowing I'm missing pre-gap info so is there any database that contains such info about CDs with pre-gap just incase do I need to re-rip some CDs?
No need to rip CDs again, just make cuesheets w/ EAC.
And additionally, if there were such a database, you could have different pressings from the ones listed in the database.
Mixing audio perfectly doesn't take more than onboard.

.ape file to flac files?

Reply #8
I use MediaMonkey to convert them into FLAC
Then Edit the cue sheet replacing .ape with .flac
Finally split the single file into tracks using Medieval Cue Splitter.

.ape file to flac files?

Reply #9
TOS #9, anybody?

.ape file to flac files?

Reply #10
Not in its current incarnation. The OP didn't post information on how to obtain copyrighted material or circumvent DRM. The forum would be a lot better without people signing up and posting just because Warez Group #1337 don't write explanatory enough NFO files, and then never even bothering to thank those who reply, but as it stands it's not a ToS violation.