Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: using creative ac3 decoder to convert to multichannel wave (Read 5980 times) previous topic - next topic

using creative ac3 decoder to convert to multichannel wave

hi, i m new so bear with me

i want to use my X-fi's ac3 decoder to decode n convert to multichannel wave

possible?

Reply #1
hi, i m new so bear with me

i want to use my X-fi's ac3 decoder to decode n convert to multichannel wave

possible?

Yes, it is.
You´ll need to feed the AC3 to the soundboard decoder, either thru playing it with Mediasource (Mediasource can record to 8-ch 96kHz 24 bits WAV but there´s a 2 or 4 Gb size limitation, wich is good for about only 15 minutes of this given bitdepth and frequency, so not enough for film audio tracks) or playing it with a decoder that supports SPDIF output (i.e. BSPlayer with the Soundboard as renderer and AC3Filter, or Media Player Classic wich allows also to choose the renderer).

Then you´ll need an audio app that can record thru ASIO, like Kristal Audio Engine, Audition 2.0 or Vegas 7. Sadly there´s no freeware app for this.

I have a Audigy 2 ZS and thru ASIO you record in either 8-ch 48kHz 16bits or 2-ch 96kHz 24bits, but no 8-ch 96kHz 24bits. I don´t know if the X-Fi has the same limitations.

Cheers.
"Screw u guys, I´m going home."

Reply #2
right thanks...

but isnt there a way to sort of use it like besweet or a similar encoding software
cos i figured i d be able to record it but that d take just too friggin long

Reply #3
Nope, only thru ASIO.
"Screw u guys, I´m going home."

Reply #4
ok
thank you