Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: A "new" tuned 320kbps CBR line? (Read 3691 times) previous topic - next topic

A "new" tuned 320kbps CBR line?

[deleted]

Reply #1
Well, at least if he wants nssafejoint and nsmsfix to have any effect, he should use -mj to enable joint stereo...

Not sure about the -q1...It's said not to work properly with nspsytune. -q0 with latest Lame Alpha uses Takehiro's very new noise shaping which takes 40% more time and reduces bitrate/is 2% more efficient, and is untested. I would use just -h (-q2).

Maybe could disable scalefac_scale also. (-Z)
Juha Laaksonheimo

Reply #2
Hmm, just noticed that at least fatboy sounds slightly worse with rev7 insane than with latest lame alpha --dm-preset insane. With rev7 there's clearly more pre-echo during 2-5sec. I wonder what's Dibrom's idea here? Well, I haven't tested these insane settings against each others with other clips except fatboy so can't really say if he's compensating something for better quality elsewhere.
Juha Laaksonheimo

Reply #3
Originally posted by JohnV
Hmm, just noticed that at least fatboy sounds slightly worse with rev7 insane than with latest lame alpha --dm-preset insane. With rev7 there's clearly more pre-echo during 2-5sec. I wonder what's Dibrom's idea here? Well, I haven't tested these insane settings against each others with other clips except fatboy so can't really say if he's compensating something for better quality elsewhere.

Hrmm.. I'll have to look at this.. insane should be unchanged actually, at least I didn't knowingly make any modifications to it's behavior.

Anyway, the short block modifications I've made and some other techniques will eventually be applied to this mode also.