Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: SOtM dx-USB HD driver help needed (Read 1369 times) previous topic - next topic

SOtM dx-USB HD driver help needed

Hiyall,
I have an old super clock called SOtM dxUSB HD. It is by-far the best sounding accessory for my audio that I have ever purchased/made, even though it is over 10 years old. If anyone here has one, they will know what I mean.

I'm having trouble remembering how to install the driver.

Can someone help, please?

Re: SOtM dx-USB HD driver help needed

Reply #1
It is by-far the best sounding accessory for my audio that I have ever purchased/made, even though it is over 10 years old.
I don't see how that device could possibly have any measurable (or audible) impact on your playback equipment, unless it breaks a ground loop, allows you to connect something that would otherwise be incompatible, or mangles the audio.

If you're using a recent version of Windows, you don't need to install any drivers - just plug it in and it will work. If you still want to install the driver anyway, download the .zip from the manufacturer's website, unblock it, unzip it somewhere, and run "setup.exe".

Re: SOtM dx-USB HD driver help needed

Reply #2

Can someone help, please?

https://www.sotm-audio.com/sotmwp/english/portfolio-item/dx-usb-hd/

Here's your drivers and firmware if that somehow was a problem.

Looked at the latest windows driver and the files are dated 2014 so they'd be win8 ish. Probably work fine on ten.

Unpack the zip file and run setup.exe.
If unpacking was the problem you can dl 7-zip which is free and trustworthy.
https://www.7-zip.org/

On linux and Mac it should just work.