Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_out_asio 2.2 virus detected (Read 1609 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_out_asio 2.2 virus detected

Bonjour,
Bitdefender détecte une infection virale sur le nouveau composant Foo_out_asio 2.2pour Foobar beta 8 x86 
Impossible de le mettre à jour donc retour arrière foo_out_asio 2.12

Mod edit:
TOS 10 - All members must post in English.  Content in other languages are allowed as long as full English translations are provided, or otherwise at the discretion of the staff.

DeepL translation:
Hello,
Bitdefender detects a virus infection on the new component Foo_out_asio 2.2 for Foobar beta 8 x86 
Unable to update it so back to foo_out_asio 2.12

Re: Foo_asio

Reply #1
Bonjour,
Bitdefender détecte une infection virale sur le nouveau composant Foo_out_asio 2.2pour Foobar beta 8 x86 
Impossible de le mettre à jour donc retour arrière foo_out_asio 2.12

Mod edit:
TOS 10 - All members must post in English.  Content in other languages are allowed as long as full English translations are provided, or otherwise at the discretion of the staff.

DeepL translation:
Hello,
Bitdefender detects a virus infection on the new component Foo_out_asio 2.2 for Foobar beta 8 x86 
Unable to update it so back to foo_out_asio 2.12
Installed on 5 computers,3 in 64-bit,2 in 32-bit, Windows 10 and windows 11,no problem,you have a false positive.
English is mandatory, if you write in French you will never get answers, with all the translators there are on the net!,it's easy.

En français:
Installé sur 5 ordinateurs,3 en 64 bits,2 en 32 bits, Windows 10 et windows 11,pas de problème,vous avez un faux positif.Anglais obligatoire,si vous écrivez en français vous n'aurez jamais de réponses,avec tous les translateurs qu'il y sur le net!,c'est facile.

Re: foo_out_asio 2.2 virus detected

Reply #2
Unfortunately most Anvi-Virus solutions flag almost everything new as malicious. It would be very helpful if you - the users and customers of these products - would report suspected false positives to the companies. They should all have some simple webpage to do so.

Reply #3
Unfortunately most Anvi-Virus solutions flag almost everything new as malicious. It would be very helpful if you - the users and customers of these products - would report suspected false positives to the companies. They should all have some simple webpage to do so.

The trouble (or scarry part) is that all my antivirus program on all of my PCs don't flag "almost everything" but...they all do it with just that one file. So it does not look so obvious and simple from user/customer side. I also have reported that file as suspected false positive to 2 of the companies but until the problem is solved I won't be using ASIO2.2. Being an user with no programming skills/knowledge I am worried why old ASIO (2.1.2) or third party plugins, which also have (at least 2.1.2 has them) ASIOHost32.exe and ASIOHost64.exe files are flagged as safe and the new one is flagged as infected. Maybe the ASIO2.2 should be rewritten/rebuilt to be recognized as safe - that seems safer and more professional to me than asking "all the antivirus companies in the world" to change their recognition of that one particular file.

Reply #4
Good day,

Bitdefender replied to me:

"Hello,

Thank you for your patience.

The analysis of the files has been completed:

The files are clean and detection should be removed in the next couple of updates.
If the issue persists in a couple of updates, please let us know.

Have a nice day!

Mihai G.
Technical Support Engineer "

Thanks....

Foobar - ASIO 2.2 addon causing Bitdefender Virus Alert

Reply #5
Hi

I just updated the ASIO addon for Foobar to 2.2 and Bitdefender immediately quarantined as suspected virus. Bitdefender in the past has had a habit of false positives, just wondered if anyone can verify ASIO 2.2 is safe before I remove from quarantine?  Prior versions its happy with.

Re: Foobar - ASIO 2.2 addon causing Bitdefender Virus Alert

Reply #6
See the notice up there. They are over-zealous ...

Edit: Oops, entering the URL in VirusTotal doesn't check the content. Several antivirus engines flag it, and several don't: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/6ff9c4dddd6007828d267ea39e6a198537ec8499fca66e198520145bf7808982

Re: Foobar - ASIO 2.2 addon causing Bitdefender Virus Alert

Reply #7
So none of the actual BitDefender users bothered to submit the file to get this fixed. I am disappointed.
I went ahead and reported the file as false positive. If they are any decent it should be fixed within 24 hours.

Reply #8
Hello Case,

Tthis morning I posted the answer from Bitdenfender on this forum, and by early afternoon and updated the anti virus ... no more problem with foo_out_visio 2.2

Reply #9
That's great, thank you. I didn't see your post as sparkster2301 had started another thread on the matter and I replied there. A mod has merged everything into a single location since then.