Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 v2.0 bugs (Read 131581 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foobar2000 v2.0 bugs

Reply #126
"Album Art View" not scanning sub-folders for images

Hello, in FB v1.6.x and older I was used to have Album Art View fetching images (like "folder.jpg" and the like) also from any subfolder of the played audio parent directory.

Now, in FB v2 I cannot have this. I tried and re-tried, but no way (for me) to have the subfolder scanned and the wanted images displayed (in my case I am searching for front.jpg and back.jpg.

Does anyone know how to fix my problem?

Thanks and regards, Andrea

Not a bug as it works for me.

To include sub-folder, in your case you should use ..\front.jpg and ..\back.jpg at front and back artwork configuration respectfully at Preferences / Display

Edit: This is for up folder
Somewhere, there's someone dying in a foreign land
Meanwhile, the world is crying stupidity of man
Tell me why, tell me why

Reply #127
To include sub-folder, in your case you should use ..\front.jpg and ..\back.jpg at front and back artwork configuration respectfully at Preferences / Display

You're going up a level - the complete opposite of a subfolder. ;D

edit: I'm doubting myself now. I was right, 2 periods goes up a folder.

Reply #128

You're going up a level - the complete opposite of a subfolder. ;D

edit: I'm doubting myself now. I was right, 2 periods goes up a folder.

Indeed, I though sub but wrote for up folder. :D

Anyway it is not a bug just needs to be specified in artwork preferences.
Tell me why, tell me why

Reply #129
Hi @marc2k3 and all,

my big big big problem is that all the images are in subfolders having different names (:->), so I cannot specify a subfolder in the setting.

I tried with *\front.jpg and also with *.*\front.jpg and the like, but they were not working.

However, I remember well, 100% sure (even because I used FB 1.6 for over 10 years!) I was able to display all well with the v.1.6 of Album Art View.

I cannot believe to be only one having Album Arts in subfolders...
Anyone else here is having my same problem?

Thanks and regards, Andrea

Reply #130
I never knew wildcards were supported in folder names so that's something new I've learned today.

And this works in fb2k v2...

Code: [Select]
*\*.*

No image alongside the audio tracks but inside a random folder...

Note: Because of fb2k always caching album art for its own panel/playlist, you always have to restart after changing settings.

Reply #131
I have just tried and it worked for me too. Definitely not a bug.
For covers in sub folder I used *\front.jpg and *\back.jpg
Tell me why, tell me why

Reply #132
Hi @marc2k3 and @Vicas ,
I confirm that, now it works also for me (after a FB restart).
I don't know why it didn't work the first time... it may be it was requiring a restart
Thank you for your support. Kind regards, Andrea

Reply #133
Hi. I have problems with rating. Cannot set ratings for my library.
'edit properties' - with new tag: <RATING> set to '5' - dont show any stars in 'playlist view'

Reply #134
Reinstalled beta 8, but deleted v1.6.x playlist folder first so foobar2000 v2 would not crash on importing the playlists.

• Beta 8 did not import any playback stats at all.
  • Crashes every time it was rescanning the media library (crash reports submitted)

Reply #135
Hi. I have problems with rating. Cannot set ratings for my library.
'edit properties' - with new tag: <RATING> set to '5' - dont show any stars in 'playlist view'

You'll need update any custom column to use $meta(rating) instead of %rating%.

Pretty sure the new clickable rating column is for playback statistics only, not file tags.

Reply #136
  • Beta 8 did not import any playback stats at all.

I'd assume you can export from a working 1.6 setup via the Library menu to an XML file and import the file via the Library menu in v2.

If you don't have a backup of your 1.6 install, look inside your profile folder for a folder named index-data - this contains playback stats from 1.6 (assuming it survived the upgrade??). You should be able to transfer that to a portable 1.6 install to get the data.

Reply #137
Hi, I don't if it's a bug; 
With  version1.6 ,  with  Search  command,  when putting a  directory name, it was possible to get all the albums and tracks included in the directory and sub-directories.

It's not possible with version 2 .  Do we have to modifiy some script to get them ?

Reply #138
Hi,

I've tested %file_attributes% but there's nothing shown!

Reply #139
Thank you for rebuilding Facets, much appreciated! I'd like to share a few pieces of feedback.

Two potential bugs:

1. The ReFacets checkbox option "Start playback when sending selection to playlist" doesn't work in combination with ReFacets' Double-click action "Add to current playlist".

If I use those two together, the selection does get added to the playlist, but it doesn't start playing; I expect it to (it's actually how I prefer to use Foobar). The checkbox option does does work in combination with "Send to current playlist (default)" though.

2. In Preferences>Display, set Selection Viewers to "Prefer current selection". Then, in ReFacets, with the selection also present in the current playlist (let's say one album), click on a song with the left mouse button to select it. Nothing happens in the playlist.

Expected behavior: like in Facets, if I do those same actions, the active selection in the playlist follows what I select in Facets.

Aesthetics:

3. I can't unlock the toolbar (same as mentioned above).

4. ReFacets' search bar, compared to Facets, has an additional and unnecessary black/white 1px (?) border around it. See attached screenshot. It turns blue (same color as the volume switch) when searching something.

5. Refacts' buttons in the UI ("Library", "Filters") appear to be uncentered vertically, or otherwise need some more spacing below the strings. See attached screenshot.

6. The X-button to clear a search is very small, making it a bit harder to click compared to in Facets. See attached screenshot.

7. When mouse-hovering the X-button to clear a search, the mouse-hover animation is a white square.

No playlist related mods installed, portable fresh Foobar 2000 v2 b8 install.

Looking forward to using ReFacets for years to come! :) Hope this helps.

Reply #141
Hi,
Perhaps not a bug!
When searching the music folders, all files from unavailable drives are logged - wouldn't it be better to skip and not to record unavailable drives?

Reply #142
Hi, once again!

It happens, when scan is incomplete and foobar ist closed. Next open, all not scanned files are logged as error.

Reply #143
Beta 9 fixed the crashing when importing v1.4 playlists.

Foobar2000 2.0 beta 9 x32
Windows 11 22H2 (22621.521)

foo_quicktagger 1.1 (2022-09-16)
- Preferences window doesn't completely honor Windows dark mode (See attached screenshot)

Properties dialog window
- Not sure if this is a bug per se but the font size on the tabs is larger than the other default font sizes in the rest of the ui. See attached screenshot for comparison between the tab font sizes on the foobar2000 properties dialog window and stock Windows 11 22H2 properties window.

Windows 11 (22H2) notification area
- There's a visual glitch. I'm not sure what text is supposed to be displayed in this area, but I doubt it's a path to the foobar2000.exe file. (See attached screenshot)
- The playback buttons do nothing when pressed

Reply #144
Foobar2000 2.0 beta 9 32bit

Playback statistics

1. %rating_stars%. %rating_stars% displays the correct rating (solid stars) but an additional empty star is displayed. See below example where %rating% is 2. The left column displays the built-in playlist view rating, the right column displays [%rating_stars%].

However, this issue goes away if you update the track's %rating%.

2. Import statistics from file tags. This correctly imports playback statistics from tags, but where those statistics do not exist as tags, the database playback stats get reset. This is not how the feature worked in version 1.6. In 1.6 if the stats were not present in the tags, the database playback stats would not be reset.

3. %play_count%. %play_count% does not get incremented at all after a track is listened to.

Reply #145
Thanks for all the bug reports.

I read everything, just haven't had time to properly investigate all of them yet. All reported issues will be looked into before the final release. There are no deadlines here, the final version will be out when I'm confident that all annoying issues/regressions have been fixed.

Also, Quick Tagger = fixed.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #146
Tried to update to v2.0 (x86 so far). The installer says that since the install directory contains configuration data, but foobar2000 is not using portable mode, this is no longer supported in v2.0.

I've checked the Roaming folder -- it doesn't have anything newer than 2015. Seems someday I managed to keep both program, plugins and configs in the same folder somehow, which was probably useful.

What should I move to %appdata%\roaming\foobar2000 to make it "unportable" but still working with all configs?

X

Reply #147
(beta 9)
  • It seems that assymetric search doesn't work for Media Library Search (although for Album List and ReFacets it works).
  • When playing radio streams sometimes artist and title of currently playing song isn't shown in playlist view (playlist columns), while it is shown in, for example, title bar and notification area

Reply #148
Foobar2000 2.0 beta 9 32bit

Playlist view
1. Custom column sizes and positions for views marked remember layout for this playlist are not persistent between sessions, nor when switching between playlists. The column sizes/positions will just reset.

2. The built-in clickable rating stars that essentially display %rating_stars_fixed% are visually difficult to discern. There isn't much contrast between the solid stars (★) and outlined stars (☆) so the rating column just looks like a massive block of stars and the actual ratings are difficult to distinguish. I'd strongly suggest making the outlined stars (☆) a dimmer color than the solid stars (★) as foo_simplaylist did, such as <<<☆>>> or add the ability to let the end-user customize the colors for solid and outlined stars.

foo_plorg
Obviously not a core Foobar2000 issue, but the playlist often auto-scrolls up or down whenever focus leaves the component and there's mouse movement  on another component 🥴. I would put up with the lack of dark mode but it's just not as usable on fb2k v2 with this auto-scrolling glitch unfortunately. I'm sure this third-party component is now abandoned, and I'm only mentioning it because it would be great if the maintained DUI playlist manager incorporated the use of custom nodes/leafs with drag-and-drop sorting of nodes/playlists for better organization of playlists.

Reply #149
Tried to update to v2.0 (x86 so far). The installer says that since the install directory contains configuration data, but foobar2000 is not using portable mode, this is no longer supported in v2.0.

I've checked the Roaming folder -- it doesn't have anything newer than 2015. Seems someday I managed to keep both program, plugins and configs in the same folder somehow, which was probably useful.

What should I move to %appdata%\roaming\foobar2000 to make it "unportable" but still working with all configs?

[attach type=image]23418[/attach]
Move these to "%appdata%\roaming\foobar2000"
Folders: "AccurateRip", "configuration", "index-data", "library", "playlists", "playlists-v1.3", "playlists-v1.4", "user-components"
Files: "LargeFieldsConfig.txt", "theme.fth", "version.txt"

Make sure you have no nonbundled components installed in the "components" folder.  You can run an older installer such as 1.6.12 and have it move components for you.  However you may lose some components that the installer won't move, it will list them so you can attempt to manually move them, once you hit "OK" it'll delate those if you haven't move them.  You can manually move components the installer doesn't like into "user-components" directory by using the name of said component as the folder name and dropping the component and all of it's dependencies in it.  It's tedious process but one that isn't too difficult to do.