Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Old Audio/Movie Vizuals (AVS) like for the old winamp. (Read 2340 times) previous topic - next topic

Old Audio/Movie Vizuals (AVS) like for the old winamp.

Any clues if there is any alternative to ProjectM for foobar?

Re: Old Audio/Movie Vizuals (AVS) like for the old winamp.

Reply #2
I've been using the Shpeck component for years. It will let you load Winamp visualisations into foobar2000.

Reply #3
for me shpeck doesn't work since i cant find any good winamp old version or do you mean the new winamp?
i should realy try that again good idea!
winamp 8.0?

Reply #4
You don't need Winamp at all.

• Create a Winamp folder next to foobar2000.exe.
  • Create a Plugins folder inside the Winamp folder.
  • Place your Winamp plugins inside the Plugins folder.
  • Use Notepad to create an empty text file.
  • Name the file winamp.exe and put it in the Winamp folder.
The winamp.exe file will be 0 bytes. This is enough to fool Winamp plugins into thinking Winamp is installed, so they will operate normally. I've been using the vis_classic plugin this way for 8 years. :)

Reply #5
anyway, it makes no sense to create all my own visuals and not start with the winamp program Aleron, i see theres now winamp 5.9
and thats good enough.
thanks for the tips, but dont tell me i dont need winamp.

Reply #8
for me shpeck doesn't work since i cant find any good winamp old version or do you mean the new winamp?
i should realy try that again good idea!
winamp 8.0?

If you haven't seen it before and you're set on Winamp, you should take a look at the Winamp Community Update Project.