Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Can Foobar display the bit rate and duration of AAC files? (Read 1778 times) previous topic - next topic

Can Foobar display the bit rate and duration of AAC files?

Is there any way to set Foobar2000 so that it displays the bit rate and length (Duration Time) of AAC files like Winamp, VLC, and other players do? Also a bar so that playback start time can be set to any time within the file.  I have a lot of long recordings of broadcasts that use AAC encoding, and am considering changing my default player to Foobar if it can do this like it does for mp3, FLAC, etc.

Re: Can Foobar display the bit rate and duration of AAC files?

Reply #1
What do you mean by "displays the bit rate and length (Duration Time) of AAC files"? It does that.

Re: Can Foobar display the bit rate and duration of AAC files?

Reply #2
It's working fine for me too, but if you have *.aac files in ADTS muxing mode then the duration is missing.
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=50321.0

Mux them into an MP4 container and you'll get an approximate duration.
Code: [Select]
ffmpeg -i in.aac -c copy out.mp4
[aac @ 00000047339fe3c0] Estimating duration from bitrate, this may be inaccurate