Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [POINTLESS] QSF Decoder question (Read 1437 times) previous topic - next topic

[POINTLESS] QSF Decoder question

Hi

Question for kode54

I don't know if part of my question is allowed to be asked here, but here it goes:

- where can I download files to play with the QSF Decoder?

- what library is used in QSF Decoder or did you write it all by yourself?

thx in advance!
Foobar2000 - It Really Whips ALL Llamas' Ass!

Re: QSF Decoder question

Reply #1
Neill Corlett wrote the original player, other authors wrote the current HLE QSound chip emulator, and I've been maintaining it for years now.

You may locate QSF files at qsf.joshw.info, but sometimes, it may be better to play VGM files instead, since some of these QSF files have synchronization issues inherent in the original game engines, and will go out of sync after long enough looping.

Reply #2
Is it correct qsf files are ripped from ROM chips dumps used in MAME?
How else to get arcade machine music?

Do you have the knowledge or can you point me in the right direction on how to rip those myself?
I am a MAME user.

Reply #3
You may locate QSF files at qsf.joshw.info, but sometimes, it may be better to play VGM files instead, since some of these QSF files have synchronization issues inherent in the original game engines, and will go out of sync after long enough looping.

I have no experience with QSF files but really want to test your component!
It seems the qsf part of joshw.info is offline.
Do you maybe know another source for sqf files?