Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [POINTLESS] feature request: BASS component (Read 1566 times) previous topic - next topic

[POINTLESS] feature request: BASS component

Hi

I would like to ask to developers and especially kode54 who made fantastic components if somebody is interested in making a component to use the BASS library: http://www.un4seen.com/

This library can play tracker music files very accurate.
Just try the player XMPlay on that website and you'll hear the fantastic sound quality output.

Thx in advance!
Foobar2000 - It Really Whips ALL Llamas' Ass!

Re: feature request: BASS component

Reply #1
I did a BASS component, a Long Time Ago, when there was Nothing Better. There is no point now. I am not doing another one.

I am also not incorporating the dead library, libmodplug, into my OpenMPT plugin, because, as I said, it's a dead library, and OpenMPT has long been its successor. There may be a few missing features, but they are extremely unlikely to impede its use as a general module file player. Actually, I only know from someone else who said there may be some missing features, when using the OpenMPT to libmodplug wrapper library (wrapping libopenmpt in a way that legacy apps that want libmodplug can use) is in use, but I actually have no idea why it would be incomplete. The only incomplete thing I can think of is that its API may be missing some obscure use functions that nobody should be using anyway.

Reply #2
BASS sounds much much better then openmpt so is that not a good reason to make it?

Reply #3
Do you still have the code of the old bass component?
Can you update it to latest bass library?
That's not much work I think?

Reply #4
is'the sourcee code online?

Reply #5
Hello kode54

Any answers possible?

thx

Reply #6
You have received a reply. Spamming a thread will only annoy people.