Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Split DTS File Losslessly (Read 8865 times) previous topic - next topic

Split DTS File Losslessly

Is it possible to split a .dts file losslessly (perhaps non-destructively would be a better term).

I have a couple of cue/bin albums that decode to multichannel. I have changed the file extension to .dts and changed the cue file to one taken from an EAC rip, and edited for the correct TOC information. I've done this so I can play it on Foobar.

However, I would like to split it into individual tracks without any loss of quality. I've converted it to WAV but that increases the file size greatly and presumably reduces quality.

Is there any way to split the .dts file into individual .dts files without any data loss?

Re: Split DTS File Losslessly

Reply #2
Thanks. I tried both those tools but ended up with tiny files around 100kb in size. I'll probably just convert them to wav if I can't find a solution, but it seems a bit of a waste of space for reduced quality.