Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: ABX Comparator version 2.0.6d suggestions (Read 1204 times) previous topic - next topic

ABX Comparator version 2.0.6d suggestions

First, thank you for providing this software.  I am using it to compare two files, obtained from different sources, with different bit rates, or from different releases (one may be a newer "remaster").  I have a couple of suggestions for the ABX comparator.

1) I want to run several ABX trials while playing the same track, but when I press "Next trial" and "Play A", the playback position resets to 0:00.  It would be nice to have the option to retain the playback position after changing trials.  Perhaps there could be a checkbox added for "Retain playback position at next trial".

2) When I am comparing two files from different sources, the sound from one file can slightly lead the other file so they are not audibly synchronized (even though their positions in the files are synchronized).  This makes it easy to choose X as A or B.  It would be nice to have a feature to slightly "nudge" the playback of one file forward or backward to make them audibly synchronized.  Or perhaps analyze the files and align them automatically.

Thank again for the nice work on the ABX Comparator!

Eric