Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to fix a dangling Sony BTN 200 headphones (Read 1918 times) previous topic - next topic

How to fix a dangling Sony BTN 200 headphones

Hi,
my headphones broke few months ago and since they* still work perfectly i'd like to repair them*. They have a dangling cup because the plastic mechanism that allows you to turn the right cup as please broke. I've attached a photo that explains better the situation, at least more than i can with my macaronic english.

*Should i say it or them here?

Re: How to fix a dangling Sony BTN 200 headphones

Reply #1
Hi,
my headphones broke few months ago and since they* still work perfectly i'd like to repair them*. They have a dangling cup because the plastic mechanism that allows you to turn the right cup as please broke. I've attached a photo that explains better the situation, at least more than i can with my macaronic english.

*Should i say it or them here?

I have pretty good luck saving stuff like this with a hot melt glue gun and some modern high-strength hot melt glue.  BTW this is a technology that has undergone some recent upgrades in terms of strength of materials and quality of applicator guns.

The elegant solution would be to 3D print any needed plastic replacement parts...

Re: How to fix a dangling Sony BTN 200 headphones

Reply #2
I would probably just superglue it in the position that it would be when on my head. But that's just me.. Also the glue might not look very pretty if you do a messy job.

PS. it's "them"